An Ultimate Router Table

Page 1 of 2
http://home.pacbell.net/jdismuk/routertable.html
This one is sweet.
Bob

But it is entirely to clean and purty to have ever been used. I assume that this router table is still a virgin, right?
Just how stable is this going to be on those casters??
On Thu, 9 Dec 2004 12:37:43 -0500, "Lee Michaels"

I wondered about the casters. My router table is big and heavy, but I did put leveling nylon glide feet on it. There have been times I wish I had the skills and equipment for welding.
Phisherman wrote:

A 240V stick welder is not all that expensive and a little practice is all it takes.
a stick welder or mig?
just curious
i've fiddled w/ a mig and in probably a few hours one could be pretty decent
stick, i understand is a bit steeper learning curve

nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

picky teacher with a stick welder. If your born the 'dorking skills then you should be able to pick up just about any 'dorking, be it wood, or metal, or solder, or plastic, or duct tape.

If all you intend on welding is thin stock, say 1/4" at the max, one of those 120 volt portable mig welders is the way to go. Mig welding is sooooo much nicer than stck. I have a mig I bought 20 years ago, I don't own a stick welder, but have spent quite a few hours using both. The only draw back with a mig welder is you can get nice looking welds that do not penetrate, so mig does take some practice too. Also a mig does not weld dirty or painted metal well. Greg
Greg O wrote:

borg's sell for a while now.

We have a couple of them at work, we have the gas package on them instead of shielded wire. Good little welders Greg
nospam snipped-for-privacy@mesanetworks.net wrote:

Stick welder.
I took a short welding course in high school over 35 years ago as part of a refrigeration course (I remember striking the arc too low and welding an air conditioning motor to the welding bench, but that's another story) and hadn't touched a welder until a couple of years ago. A 15 minute "crash course" from a friend and a couple of afternoons of practice... They might not be the prettiest welds but they're strong.
Hmm...
soooooo.. maybe Santa would still get my letter if I sent it today?
would I be tossing about my $s (ahh, Santa's) if I requested one of those Habor Freight models?
They have stick welders for like $99
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber&65
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber@28
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumberB328

I've went to his website before.
He does some nice work; ever since then I've been eyeing a welder ;-) A nice mix of metal and wood working.
The step by step pictures/explanations are great; better than most publications.
wrote

Lee: Quite stable. I have similar casters on mine and they do very well on a smooth, level floor.
Bob

Bob, The router table looks very well done. Something only welder/woodworker is capable of!
I like your idea of mounting the 130XP on top of the 180SD. I have the 210 and a 135 and love to use both. The 180 is on my, "Honey, in order to do this I have to buy a different welder" list. Just waiting for the project!
Dave

That's in my top 2, with Unisaw's.
Nice!
Barry
I thought it was a 'nuker' at first for the kitchen.
Bob Schmall wrote:

'Where did you get the leveling hardware?

Huh--you talkin' to me? The top of a router table doesn't have to be perfectly level--if by "level" you mean parallel to the floor. It just has to be flat. Guess I don't unnerstan' the question.
Bob.
I believe he thinks you built that snazzy table on the link you posted last week.
Bob Schmall wrote:

Sorry, I wasn't clear enough. Where did you get the leveling thumbscrews?