An idiot and his table saw...

Page 6 of 9
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 11:31:13 -0500, Spehro Pefhany

That's the brewing temperature. The serving temperature (the temperature in the carafe) will be somewhat lower. As I mentioned before DD's required their franchisees to keep the serving temperature at 180F +/-3F. It was one of the tests done during the on-site inspections. The first thing they would do is stick the thermometer into the coffee at the counter (not a freshly brewed pot).

By the restaurant, I believe at least some are. DD's franchisees were responsible for it.
Attila Iskander wrote:

It's called the 'Close Enough' scale. :)

Dang I forgot about that scale That's the one that also has "smidgens" as a unit of measure. Right ?

Attila Iskander wrote:

Yep. it runs from Femtosmidgens to a Smidgen. then it becomes a 'Good enough for government work' at a trillion Smidgens. They are very sensitive to temperature, on a 20 dB log scale, too.
On Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:09:28 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

^5 !!!!!!!!
Very well done!
Gunner, with a new box of RCHs
1. Lie 2. Repeat the lie as many times as possible 3. Have as many people repeat the lie as often as possible 4. Eventually, the uninformed believe the lie 5. The lie will then be made into some form oflaw 6. Then everyone must conform to the lie
On Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:06:14 -0500, "J. Clarke"

Not "near me". I don't go to McD's when I'm home. But yes, every time, except one, I've gotten coffee at McD's it's been warm, at best.
On 12/7/12 8:10 PM, snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

This explains a lot of you think one can get a "decent" cup of coffee at those two places.
--

-MIKE-

I see your neuron is still lonely.
snipped-for-privacy@at.biz wrote:

Introduce him to Dimbulb. They'll have 1.5 neurons between them.
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 09:29:29 -0500, Joseph Gwinn

Crap brewer. It's to be expected in this society of lawyers.
snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net says...

Then it is
(a) not in compliance with the ANSI standard for coffee makers. (b) not in compliance with the SCAA standards for coffee makers (c) a piece of shit
On 12/5/12 11:21 PM, Smitty Two wrote:

There's even more to that lawsuit. McD's had years of memos showing many, many complaints and burned customers yet they decided the money paid in potential lawsuits would be less than lost revenue from people not buying their coffee if they decided to lower the serving temperature.
The judge in the case decided to make it hurt.... even if just a little.
--

-MIKE-

Smitty Two wrote:

Fact 4: She stuck it between her legs in her car. Who in their right mind does that?

Who in their right mind thinks someone THAT stupid should be rewarded for suffering the consequences because THEY ARE THAT STUPID? O_o
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

Not me. She should have been sterilized for being so stupid, hopefully before she had any idiot offspring.

The hot coffee douche didn't take care of that? ^_^
TDD
The Daring Dufas wrote:

It was too many years too late. Someone said she had it between her knees, in the passenger seat, yet it 'ended up in her lap'. I would hold the driver responsible.
On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:34:56 -0600, The Daring Dufas

I think the 79 years of being a stupid bitch took care of that.
finger.net says...

At her age I think the prospect of future offspring was a moot point regardless. As someone once said of Australia, "it's down there, but nobody cares".
On 12/8/2012 5:42 AM, J. Clarke wrote:

There is always cloning. ^_^
TDD