An electric gouge?

and I thought motorcycle air bags were freaky.

Saw someone on TV using a vibrating gouge.

oh well, I still have my Snap On vibrating (air powered) gasket scraper...it was a real time saver for removing manifold and water timing chain cover gaskets. I guess it all makes sense...

Dave

Reply to
David

I've done some carving with an Automach - is that similar to what you saw? The well-made Automach is fast and easy to use, but it makes a really irritating noise. Carving is such calming and peaceful work with normal hand tools that it's a shame to F it up with a noisy machine - but it sure makes it easy to get the job done.

PDX David

Reply to
Jane & David

I looked at that one online since you provided a name for it, but I'm not really sure, as the TV program didn't linger on the tool more than a second or two. I think it might have been the DIY show about banjo making. I put it on the DVR but deleted it already so I can't go back to watch it (unless I DVR'd it on our second unit also...)

BTW, I just caught up to modern times--I got a Comcast DVR box last week and liked it so much I picked up a second one days later. Very cool, especially for shows like DM's Woodworks.

I see Woodcraft sells it too.

I Googled and came up with a Flexcut unit -

$550 US.

dave

Reply to
David