An anonymous woodturning

Last Wednesday I shot a few photos of a small family gathering in a small church in a small town in Iowa - and put the pix on a simple web page so family could share with friends...
Except for the woodturning, the photos are in the order I took 'em. The turning is what serves as a baptismal font for the little prairie church with four rows of pews. It's about 5" tall and of indeterminate age.
The stereotypical view of Iowa is probably Grant Woods' "American Gothic" - so I thought I'd share a glimpse of what not even he ever managed to capture on canvas...
...and offer a reminder that there are things that somehow manage to persist and triumph over even flood and wind and political mayhem.
http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/Misc/Baptism /
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
"Morris Dovey" wrote:

Anybody we know earns the nickname "Curley"?<Grin>
Lew
Lew Hodgett wrote:

I haven't heard it yet, but he probably won't be thanking you for suggesting the name... :-D
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Morris Dovey wrote: