An afternoon in the shop

It's been a while since I've posted, but I just had to share. Monday was a holiday here, and after spending part of Saturday looking for CD racks, I thought that making one would be a good way of making some sawdust, and using up some of the reclaimed Rimu lying around cluttering up the garage and basement. I had bought an old Rimu school desk for $5 at an auction (minor gloat), and apart from some surface damage, it was just screaming to be recycled into something nice. I resurfaced half of the top, and used that for the sides and top of tower. Cut some shelves from some old 3/4" Rimu T&G. For those of you unlucky enough to not live in NZ, Rimu is a beautiful native we have here. I thought I had some nice 3/8 T&G for the back, but it looks like Matai (another beaut NZ native), so I'll have to work something else out. Just about ready to start glueing. Friends of ours heard what I was doing (literally, on the phone) and said they might want one too! I feel a house warming present coming on I think, and I'll have to spend some time in the garage making sawdust! Was great just to get in and make some sawdust. I love seeing things taking shape.

Happy woodworking,

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn