Ammonia sources in the NYC area?

Page 2 of 2
If you provided a valid address, I could answer your question without clogging up the news group. I'm not sure why you're interested in whether I've ever seen a phonograph but yes. Have wound the spring on a number of them. Never owned one that used the cylinders. ' spent a fair amount of time listening to them.
Bob G.
J. Clarke wrote:

Anhydrous ammonia is very hard to get. On the black market, it can sell for $100 a pound. It is in very high demand for making drugs (meth).
If you have other solvents like paint thinner, the police and DEA will have a field day with you for being in the drug manufacturing business.
Find some other alternative if at all possible!
Al Olson

No - you're thinking of acetic anhydride, used in the production of heroin. Ammonia isn't useful in drug making as far as I know.

Tell that to the meth-lab folks. The co-op where my brother in law works has had more than a couple of people stealing anhydrous ammonia from the tanks out back, with the expected chemical injuries and so on. If you see a propane tank in an unexpected location, with the brass fittings a bright blue-green color, ...it's not Propane in the tank.
Dave Hinz
Don't know for sure but I believe anhydrous is used in the production meth amphetamine.
rhg
Ed Clarke wrote:

sheep's piss ***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.