Ammonia sources in the NYC area?

If you provided a valid address, I could answer your question without clogging up the news group. I'm not sure why you're interested in whether I've ever seen a phonograph but yes. Have wound the spring on a number of them. Never owned one that used the cylinders. ' spent a fair amount of time listening to them.

Bob G.

J. Clarke wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

Once again, why don't you come up with a valid address? It's not important to me to imply that bending with ammonia would be trivial. I want to set the record straight that the stuff is not limited to rocketry but on the contrary is sitting around all over the agricultural parts of the country in large tanks (like propane) on wagon running gear and is used all the time by farmers, not rocket scientist. It's been used as a refrigerant in commercial units. The only domestic refrigerator I'm familiar with that used ammonia was the Servel. This little honey had no moving parts in the refrigeration circuit and the only energy input was a gas flame. Ammonia was the refrigerant. There may have been domestic mechanical refrigerators using ammonia of which I'm unaware. I think cryogenic liquids (don't hold me to this but I think it's the case) are defined as those that cannot be maintained as a liquid at room temperature. They are generated and maintained at extremely cold temperatures. LOX, LN2 etc. are examples of cryogenic liquid. I didn't bring up rocketry and I'm not aware of uses for ammonia in rocketry but they may exist. Any clever putterer who wanted badly enough to experiment with ammonia bending could do so safely. Now... the bit about use by meth labs and attracting the authorities, that would be another matter.

Bob G.

J. Clarke wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway

No - you're thinking of acetic anhydride, used in the production of heroin. Ammonia isn't useful in drug making as far as I know.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

sheep's piss

***************************************************** It's not the milk and honey we hate. It's having it rammed down our throats.
Reply to
Old Nick

Tell that to the meth-lab folks. The co-op where my brother in law works has had more than a couple of people stealing anhydrous ammonia from the tanks out back, with the expected chemical injuries and so on. If you see a propane tank in an unexpected location, with the brass fittings a bright blue-green color, ...it's not Propane in the tank.

Dave Hinz

Reply to
Dave Hinz

Don't know for sure but I believe anhydrous is used in the production meth amphetamine.

rhg

Ed Clarke wrote:

Reply to
Robert Galloway