Americans seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley.

And maybe one of those big water-balloon launchers to fling 'em with.

Actually, the reaction is amused tolerance. But then again, I have a soft heart for hungry trolls.....
Cheers -
Rob

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?
Mr Lee answers.
"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."
Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?
Answer from Mr Lee:

However I'm not sure all the Canadians you are over charging are amused. In fact several in this group have already indicated they are not.

One question Mr Lee, is this an implied threat. I know you are quite fond of threatening posters to usenet. You did it in the woodturning group and they tossed you out on your over charging ass.<g>
Robert wrote:

Gee, Robert, I musta missed that one. AFAIK, Robin is welcome everywhere. I'd stand him a Guiness in a heartbeat. Hell, I wish he'd put a store down here. Your manners, or lack thereof make me wonder exactly what your agenda is.
Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader
reply-to doesn't work

You don't like Rob's prices, you don't have to buy from Rob. Vote with your wallet, and so will everyone else.
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for Robin to go out of business based on your say so, but that's up to you
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 16:14:34 GMT, "U-CDK_CHARLES\\Charles" <"Charles

I'm not the only one saying 'so', several other posters have risk the wrath of the Lee Valley groupies here by agreeing with me. Mr Lee knows there are plenty more lurking who also agree. He can huff and puff all he likes but there will be changes. Just watch.

I have no agenda. I was done with this, a couple days ago. But Lee Valley groupies have kept this alive, calling me a liar, etc. So I'm back. If Spammer Lee and his groupies drop the subject then so will I. I've already proved my point several times over. There is nothing further to add.

Since I was asking you to read and understand simple English, perhaps I am retarded. How about a different tack: Rob Lee said that they have to prepare their catalog in June and so their prices are set before that time (for the dimwitted, let me spell this out: a *single* price is set, and the current exchange rate determines what that price will be in US currency for the rest of the year). You can easily test the truth of this statement by looking up the exchange rate for May of 2004. On May 10, the rate closed at 1.3930. Now simply check a few items on the web catalog in both Canadian and US currency (check them all, if you want). If every item gives the exact same exchange rate, and it's close to 1.393 (give or take a rounding off to the nearest 50 cents or so), then you can finally see that your understanding of what Rob said was completely wrong. If, on the other hand, you find that prices were set lower for American customers back when the catalog went to print, then you will be able to gloat about your superior intellect (but do try the experiment before placing any wagers on the outcome).

Since he had already confirmed that their prices were set once for the year, the statement above *clearly* stated that their policy (of holding prices despite fluctuating exchange rates) had not priced them out of the market in either country. Your interpretation is wildly off base.

The fact that Mr. Lee stopped trying to communicate with someone who was demonstrably incapable of reading and comprehending simple English showed that he possesses a good deal of common sense.
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 17:12:48 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

I suspect Mr Lee might now be resorting to veiled threats. I guess I should thank my lucky stars he's such a 'tolerant' guy or I could be in big trouble.:)

You're lucky you live in Canada. Psychiatry is covered by health insurance. Take advantage of it.
Cheers, Mike
Robert, do you constantly see people in the park looking at you then quickly turning away when you catch them?
Do you see cars in your rear view mirror that OBVIOUSLY are following you?
I am starting to believe that the LV catalogue is in fact a thinly disguised CIA tool to get you to cross the line, and when you do - all the goons will pounce...
If I were you - take all the thinly veiled threats seriously and PISS OFF.
(Ken Muldrew) wrote:

could be

--
Outgoing mail is pre-scanned by AVG
On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 00:22:02 GMT, Robert

If he was stunned, it was probably by your amazing lack of common sense. If I was selling tools, I'd charge as much for them as I could, without damaging the reputation of my company or decreasing sales to the point where the higher prices actually cause the company to lose money. Simple Economics. It's Lee Valley, not the salvation army.

And that is EXACTLY what Mr Lee does, but only to Canadians, American customers get a much better deal.
Rob must be a GWBush fan.:)
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:37:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:
Yada yada yada.

Don't favour the troll with a reply. You are entirely wasting your time, and just feeding him more fodder for his idiocy. There is way too much of that already in this newsgroup from people who think it's alright to fart if they say in a loud voice that they are going to.
could it be that Canadians pay the tax and exported items do not?

That's not entirely true.
I pay New York State Sales Tax on my LV orders because of their shipping presence in Ogdensberg, NY.
It's bummer to have to pay sales tax but it's nice to be able to count on 2nd day delivery for a UPS-ground shipment.
-Steve
This may be a dumb@$$ question, but, how come I can't actually see any of Robert's postings? I can only read snippets in responses. I don't think that I have set any filtering.
Have his postings been removed?
ET
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (mnterpfan) wrote:

Not a dumb question. For one reason or another (my vote is that he is a coward or ashamed of his statements), Robert sets a flag (the X-NoArchive flag) to yes which states the posters desire to not have the post permanently archived. Google groups honors this request and only stores the posts for a short time. I am not sure about the original groups.google.com, but the new beta seems to store them for a few days.
PK