Americans seem to be getting a better deal from Lee Valley.

Page 6 of 7
Pantload.
Hey Keith...that felt good!
:)
calmly ranted:

Atta Boy, Robin. <g>
--
"Given the low level of competence among politicians,
every American should become a Libertarian."

(remove all letters after y in the alphabet)
Ken Muldrew wrote:

I've asked him to quote as well, he refuses to quote.
On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 19:04:02 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

Why is that an "egregious accusation"? I'm sure LV is in business to make money by charging what the market will bear. They're not a charity organization, after all.
If you like the products they offer for the prices they offer them at, great- if not, vote with your feet. I'm amazed that this even needs to be discussed!

Because it is a lie. Where I come from, public statements that are intended to malign someone's character dishonestly are considered egregious. Perhaps people conduct themselves differently where you live.

Of course. I trust that you now see my point was different from what you surmised.

We are in agreement here.

It doesn't.
A pair of village idiots who can't read wrote:
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 19:00:25 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

It's not. Read below. Americans get a better because of a more competitive marketplace. Lee said so.

Your quote shows only that their pricing remains competitive despite the havoc that has been created for them through the growing currency discrepancy. Your vivid imagination has created a theory with no basis in fact, and you have sadly used that theory to launch a petulant attack in a public forum. That is unfortunate, but at least it is just a mistake rather than a lie. An honest fool.
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 22:37:23 Village Idiot GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

You mean the quote you snipped?

Yes. Read it again. It does not say what you imagine it does; not even close.
On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 23:32:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@ucalgazry.ca (Ken Muldrew) wrote:

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?
Mr Lee answers.
"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."
Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?
Answer from Mr Lee:
Stunned silence.

Go troll somewhere else idiot. Better yet, why don't you move your ass down to the US? You'll get those better prices you're whining about and we Canadians won't have to be embarrassed that a botttom-feeder like you lives in our country.
If you really want to make a contribution, then try going after some of our politicians wasting hundreds of millions of dollars instead of wasting your time attacking a respected and popular company that's trying to make a profit.
God, you make me sick. What an irritating little douche bag you are.

Robert asks: Mr Lee, why do Canadians pay more for your products than Americans do?
Mr Lee answers.
"Robert AFAIK, we're competitive in either country....against vendors in that country."
Mr Lee, so you are saying Canadians pay more for your products because you can get away with charging them more?
Answer from Mr Lee:
Stunned silence.
Upscale wrote:

Tell you what, you keep him and we'll ship you some canned tuna.
Nova wrote:

I'm afeared you could deplete every can from every Pig-A-Lee Wig-A-Lee in the nation and it still wouldn't be enough.
But I do hear that Sam's has bigger cans. Anyone have plans for a trebuchet?
UA100

I've already built a few. The idea of a fish-flinging trebuchet _is_ quite tempting. Not tuna, maybe some sort of flatfish. A better wet <phwapp> when they impact.

Forget the fish. Fling the troll.

Andy. Make sure you post photos. :-)
Doug Miller wrote:

[-: Mental image of an enormous load of "buckshot" (dried kippers) being flung at the Scots :-]
--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto, Iowa USA