AMERICAN WOOD

figures looked more or less human. And they were engaged in religion. You could tell by the knives (it's not murder if you do it for a god).

- quote from Small Gods

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 6 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

what, all that resource and no 'gopher wood'. . .LOL! nice link, thanks Old Man!

Reply to
SwampBug

Sat, Aug 9, 2003, 5:34pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@etetet.rtr (SwampBug) mumbles: no 'gopher wood'.

figures looked more or less human. And they were engaged in religion. You could tell by the knives (it's not murder if you do it for a god).

- quote from Small Gods

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 6 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

"WE"? you building one too. . . My comment on "gopher wood" was an attempt at humor Joat, I am sorry if you missed that!

Reply to
SwampBug

Sun, Aug 10, 2003, 8:33am (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@etetet.rtr (SwampBug) says: "WE"? you building one too. . . My comment on "gopher wood" was an attempt at humor Joat, I am sorry if you missed that!

Then you aren't really building an ark?

JOAT The figures looked more or less human. And they were engaged in religion. You could tell by the knives (it's not murder if you do it for a god).

- quote from Small Gods

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 6 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

still missin it eh JOAT!

Reply to
SwampBug

SwampBug schreef

  • + +
1) The book is the American Woods (for "American" read "US") 2) For gopherwood to be in there, the Ark needs to have been built in the US 3) You have a new theory about the Ark (perhaps you have found it in your backyard?)

There is no shortage of people having theories about the Ark ... (facts however are in short supply) so perhaps you want to go into more detail ...

;-), PvR

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel

if you can convince me that the actual wood of the ark was indigenous to the location of the building of the ark, I will. and you are missin it too. . .seems to be goin around!

Reply to
SwampBug

Oh right, the beams and planks going into the Ark separated themselves from trees all over the world and floated through the air to the place where Noah was at work. Maybe they stuck together by themselves, too? This would not only be a new theory about the Ark, but a new approach to woodworking too! PvR

SwampBug schreef

the location of the building of the ark, I will. and you are missin it too. . .seems to be goin around!

Reply to
P van Rijckevorsel

not even worthy of continuance. . . . bye bye

Reply to
SwampBug

Sun, Aug 10, 2003, 11:30pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@etetet.rtr (SwampBug) pusts out: still missin it eh JOAT!

Well, what can I say to someone that starts a sentence with a lower case letter, doesn't put in a comma, and ends a question with an exclamation mark?

No, I got it from the start, which is why I responded as I did. But I see I failed in communicating MY attempt at humor, apparently because I didn't put no steenkin' smiley faces on my posts.

And, as in any jest, when it has to be explained, all the humor is sucked out of it.

JOAT The figures looked more or less human. And they were engaged in religion. You could tell by the knives (it's not murder if you do it for a god).

- quote from Small Gods

Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 6 Aug 2003. Some tunes I like.

Jack-of-all-trades - JOAT

mY MOST HUMBLE APOLOGY?

Reply to
SwampBug