American Router magazine

I received an ad in the mail for the new magazine "American Router". Did anyone get the first issue? How was it? Does the magazine look like it's going to provide useful "Here's how" and provide suggestions on how to use a router more effectively? Does it look like it's going to be around in a year? Thanks Jeff
I bit and got the first issue. Thought it was well done. Had a mix of info - some basic and some advanced but nothing really 'off the wall'.
All in all, I'll hang on to it for the year and see how it goes.
HTH,
Vic

Only got the advertisement a few months back, have been unable to locate the magazine on a shelf to get a good take on it. Seemed a little pricey, and I agree dicey, if it would make it.
I can recommend Router Magic as a book though, great stuff in there.
Alan
I was curious and read through that first issue. There were a few tips I enjoyed reading about, but very good books on router use abound, and this mag can't come close to them. It's more a marketing tool for routers, I thought.
my 2 H

I did browse through the first issue (my local Barnes and Noble carries it). Looked prettty nice but I was not motivated enough to buy it.

Same here, interesting but after going through it I put the issue back on the shelf.
brad wrote:

Whoah!! Smells like a double whammy spammy. Let's go back to Sep 29, 2003 when one Jack Chatfield posted a message concerning this mag. http://groups.google.com/groups?q=magazine+%22american+router%22&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selmC269276.0309291003.1f5c085f%40posting.google.com&rnum=2
If the word wrap does you in just DAGS for : "american router" jackchatfield
TomL

Bought it from the newstand and regretted it. Thought it was more "advertisement" than it should be - the articles seemed to pander to the reviewed vendor. The projects were more inspirational than instructional. I'm used to the Wood or Woodsmith projects that are step by step.