American hardwoods

Are all of these woods considered hardwoods?
http://www.ahec.org/hardwoods/guide /
Are all of these woods considered hardwoods?
http://www.ahec.org/hardwoods/guide /
woodrecspam asks:

Yes.
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker

Could you shorten that answer? LOL
Leon asks:

No.
Charlie Self "If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to." Dorothy Parker
Now, there's a word you don't hear every day!
Kevin
--
=====
"Howard Ruttan" < snipped-for-privacy@inthewoodshop.org> wrote in message
Tue, Jun 22, 2004, 11:21am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@vmtw.com (vmtw) burbled: Are all of these woods considered hardwoods? http://www.ahec.org/hardwoods/guide /
No, none of them are. They just put "hardwoods", in the link, and called the page, "About U.S. Hardwoods", to mislead people.
Here's your sign.
JOAT Use your brain - it's the small things that count. - Bazooka Joe
J T wrote:

OK, I give. Can't remember whose shtick that was. Foxworthy's name is stuck in my head but he was the "you might be a redneck..." guy. Help.     jo4hn

That was Bill Engvall. One of my favorites is about the shark bite suit. "Now Earl, you got the shark bite suit on and it looks good. We got this pool full of sharks. Now you jump on in there and tell us if it hurts when they bite you". "OK, hold my sign, I don't want to lose it". There was even a song with him and Travis Tritt.
todd
There was the Jeff Foxworthy movie called the Blue Collar Comedy Tour IIRC. 4 great comedians.
Jeff Foxworthy, you might be a redneck. Bill Engvall, there is your sign Another guy, I don't care who your, that is funny, along with my sister is covered with moles. Another guy, Always has a drink in his hand and talks about getting into trouble in bars.

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (vmtw) burbled:

Thanks. I'd forgotten that bit, and got to laugh all over again!
Patriarch
Any tree that loses it's leaves in the winter is considered a hardwood (except Eastern Larch). I know, Alder and Poplar are a lot softer than Hemlock or Fir, but I didn't make the rules. RJ

I'm not a botanitst or an arboriest, but I believe all that defines the tree as is deciduous. And by the way, balsa is a hardwood.
todd

Well, Linnaeus' system did not survive him by more than a century. Diversity is here to stay (I hope). PvR