AMERICAN CLASSIC JOHNBOAT

http://www.geocities.com/aaawelder/johnboat.html
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert
My grandfather was a journalist, specializing in outdoor/boating recreation in the late 40s, 50s and 60s. Sometime around 1950 he published a piece on building a wooden johnboat, using research he did among the boatbuilders in the Ozarks of Missouri. I think it might have run in the St. Louis Globe-Democrat. (May have played in one of the outdoors/pop. mechanics type of mag. as well.) He was always proud of that piece. He and my father built the boat together, and the story was a kind of father/son DIY project. They used, IIRC, solid oak (the traditional ozark material). Sucker musta been heavy! Gotta ask dad if he's got a copy.
Dan
Ain't enough room on there for a john.
B.

Sun, Jan 23, 2005, 6:49pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (BuddyMatlosz) claims: Ain't enough room on there for a john.
Then use your imagination. http://www.bumperdumper.com /
JOAT Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people what they need to get. - Albert
(Buddy Matlosz) claims: Ain't enough room on there for a john.
Then use your imagination. http://www.bumperdumper.com /
I'm not sure I'd like my "bait" dangling over the side.
B.