Amazon shipped my Bessey's

I want to follow up on my comment about Bessey's on Amazon (Tool Crib)
For those of you who may have to wait until December to get your Bessey clamps from Lee Valley or Woodcraft - because of the huge back order.....
I ordered mine from Amazon Friday and I got e-mail that they have been shipped!
(Amazon.com product link shortened)29550561/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6552240-7140925?v=glance&s=hi
Set includes:
2 x 24" K-Body clamps 2 x 40" K-Body clamps 1 set KP Blocks
Total - $99.94 includes shipping (The "normal" price is $230.74)
Search for "Bessey KBK2440 Cabinet Door Clamp Kit" if you have trouble.
This is #12 in sales right now.
Woodcraft's price for the same is $125.15 + shipping.
Lee Valley has the 2x25" + 2x50" for 89. Add the KP blocks and it's $106.50 + shipping costs.
Suggestion: order them before the backlog grows.

(Amazon.com product link shortened)29550561/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6552240-7140925?v=glance&s=hi
Sounds like you got a good deal. I got mine from LV delivered in 4 days (ordered on Sunday, received on Thursday). My order total was $190.00 for 4-24" and 4-50". I've got all the KP Blocks I need (from previous Amazon orders).
Gary

Hi Bruce,
That's a good deal. When I bought my first Bessey set about a year ago (from Amazon), I also got it for $99. It was the 24/40 set w/KP blocks.
I find the blocks not very useful - maybe it's me.
So, I ordered just the clamp sets from LV. They are currently listed as in stock. My second (& final) order this month!
Lou
That looks like a good price, and I really need to replace my Harbor Freight crap. They kinda work and are really cheap, but the aggravation in getting them to work isn't worth it.
But, I don't see how the Bessey's work. There doesn't seem to be a far end. Sorry for being dense, but what am I missing.

Hmm. The picture shows the clamps closed. This is a better picture: Interactve, etc.
http://www.jamesmorton.com/products/wood/KBody.php
It lists 5 different reasons why woodworkers like the Bessey K-Body clamps. It's the official site AFAIK.
I have never owned them. The new ones are supposed to be convertable into spreaders as well.
There is a "far" end. It's the same size as the clamp side. Besseys are called "K-body" for the way the clamp side is designed, just like a 'K'. Picture the "K" sitting on the bar with the front or verticle part of the K being on the inside of the clamping area. The handle or screw is in upper part of the "/" K. The lower "\" part of the K, wedges down and back against the bar and the whole design keeps the clamps verticle. I hope this makes sense. They really do work as good as everyone says and you should buy some, especially at these prices. You'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner.
I very seldom use my pipe clamps anymore. If a Bessey is long enough, it gets the call.
I have 8 50" and 7 24" with one Jorgensen 24" to round me out to 8 "K" bodies. If the prices were the same, I'd buy the Jorgensens. They have a bigger clamping area and much smoother to operate. But, with the Besseys at these prices, I bought 4 more from Lee Valley.

Just getting my one car garage workshop set up.
Never had any clamps before. Now I am starting my Bessey collection. I purchased a 2 sets of 25" 50" from Lee Valley. Went to my local Woodcraft and they were all sold out of their supply. Ordered some 40's anyway.
Just this past weekend I ordered some 25 - 40's from Amazon. I guess that will get me started. Just can not past on a sale.
Bill
On 17 Oct 2005 12:27:57 GMT, Bruce Barnett

I don't think Lee Valley is back ordering the sets. I ordered a second set Friday and got notice today that they have shipped.
Mike O.

Ah! Thanks for the correction. I appreciate it, as I respect LV and Woodcraft.
The main virtue of these is that they stay square over a distance, right? Are they good for gluing up 4/4 panels? I don't see why they wouldn't be, but want to make sure before I buy a set.

I haven't used them yet, but the points the ads make are * Jaws are parallel - so you don't need shims, and they don't mar. * The jaws are large - so you need fewer clamps * The jaws are covered with no-stick plastic, (glue comes off easy) * Can apply 1000 pounds of pressure
These statements are all correct. Well, I've never measured the 1000 lbs so I'll have to take their word for it. :-)
Bryan

(Amazon.com product link shortened)29550561/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/102-6552240-7140925?v=glance&s=hi
Thanks for the heads-up. I saw this post on Monday morning and I decided to check it out. Looked reasonable, so I bought a set. Holy cow, I just found them on my porch, one day later even with the free shipping. I'll have to see how I like them and may even buy another set.
-- Al Reid

Same here. I saw the original post on Saturday. Picked up 2 sets. I got them Monday afternoon. Talk about quick.
Now I have in my collection of Bessey's 8 25", 4- 40" and 4- 50". Sometime this year I will have 8- 40"s. Just waiting for my local Woodcraft to get them in stock. Already on order, they were out of stock when I went there.
Bill

Mine came Tuesday (upstate NY). Amazon offered one-day shipping. I checked, and they wanted $50!! The free shipping worked out well this time (2 business days).
I also note that the sales ranking of this item is now #4 in tools and hardware. I think when I first saw it, it was #24.
On 19 Oct 2005 23:31:59 GMT, Bruce Barnett

Ordered mine 10/17... arrived yesterday, 10/19 with free shipping. Of course, they shipped from Phoenix to me in Tucson (100 miles).
Thanks for the heads up on the amazon sale, i had a 50 dollar gift certificate that i hadnt cashed in on so i got the 2/24 2/40 for 49.99 with free shipping. :) yeah that was a drive by,