Amazon service --poor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2

Do any of you out there have trouble getting what you ordered from them? I ordered a PC router on Nov 9th and I still do not have it. I used to order from Tool Crib of the North and would get everything in a week. Since Amazon took over the service has been shitty. This may be the last time I order from them.
Once. I called them and they shipped it overnight for free for my inconvenience.
We cant order tools from Amazon in the UK as they dont do them . . CRAP. I use an excellent company orders over 50 free shipping www.axminster.co.uk

http://www.connoraston.com

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 07:47:27 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor qualm,

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is it such a bad thing?
Get over it. Larry Jaques wrote:

Call Amazon to stuff it and order it from the originators of the Tool Crib, Acme Electric. 1-800-732-4287 I buy from them often, great guys. I am lucky enough to have a store just a couple miles from me. Greg
In my experience with tools from Amazon, if the item says "usually ships within 24 hours" it is fine, but if it says anything else ("may take 1-2 weeks", etc.), that really means it may take forever. Andy
Greg O wrote:

Coastal Tool is also a good bet:
<http://www.coastaltool.com/
Dave wrote:

I've always had excellent service from them.
Bob

I have ordered from them maybe a dozen times; always with the free freight they warn you might take a while. I think it once took two weeks, but most have been under a week. Their prices aren't as good as they were a year ago, but their service is okay.

them? I

week.

the last

freight

but most

service is

My most recent order was for a couple of books that ended up costing like $23.50 or so. In order to get free shipping I added to 4" hose clamps ($.99 each) to the deal. Three weeks later TWO fairly large boxes appeared on my door step, each holding a single hose clamp and a huge wad of those air bag things. The books arrived almost a week later-- 29 days after I ordered them. I've been ordering from Amazon regularly since about 1998 and lately the prices and service have gone to hell. But this really took the cake...they must have spend at least five bucks on each of those boxes (postage, packing, labor, materials) to send me two $.99 clamps.
-kiwanda
Kiwanda wrote:

I track packages online. I'd have called somebody within a week if my stuff was a no-show. did you call?
Dave
Yes I called and they said they would ship me the router by air /next day delivery. I have been waiting a week now and the next day has never arrived yet. Maybe Amazon is in a timewarp.

Dave wrote:

NEVER! we order all sorts of stuff from Amazon. Only problem has been shipping damage. They have an 800 number to call for customer service.
Dave
Amazon has been great for me. Quite the oppsite of your experience.
Dave wrote:

I only order form them if I don't need it fast. However, their service is as they promise.
Dave
I've been shopping with them since about 1998-9 and haven't ever had problems with them getting the items out the door on time, when it's an item sold and shipped by Amazon. I tend to avoid buying anything on Amazon that isn't sold by them though as I have had problems when trying to buy from other companies they act as a storefront for.
Come to think of it, I've started buying less from them now that their searchs turn up so much crap sold by third parties through Amazon...but when I do order, Amazon seems to handle their side of things very well.
UPS on the other hand is a different story... A couple weeks ago I ordered a cheap Wilton/Columbian bench vise [1] and Amazon had it to UPS later that day. According the UPS package tracking dealy it sat in Cincinatti for 3 days before making it's way to Houston. Pretty much every time I've had anything shipped by UPS where delivery estimates are a range, like 3-5 days, they always sit on it long enough to just make their deadline, never the earlier of the two estimates. I don't like UPS at all. I have the same UPS irritations when I order from Lee Valley too.
Interestingly, when I was still living in Anchorage I'd get packages from Amazon shipped USPS priority faster than I get UPS packages down here in the lower 48. Much faster. Back at one point in time Amazon used to let you choose your carrier instead of just picking your shipping priority but I've noticed they've stopped doing that. Which I find irritating since I've always recieved better service from the good ole USPS than I ever do from one of the commercial carriers...
Anyway, enough bitching for now...
Cheers,
Josh
-------------- [1] kinda crappy Chinese import but servicable for my immediate needs, I'll get my $20 out of it before upgrading I'm sure.

I think UPS is trying to force people to use overnight, two day, or three day service if they need faster service.
If ground almost always delivered overnight or in two days, why would anyone pay for the more expensive service unless they needed a guarantee?
Brian Elfert

I have had the same problem and have repeatedly asked them for an Amazon Only search function. They always ignored my question and answer with a generic search response. I finally asked friend who worked at Amazon who told me that since they introduce the Prime Shipping option they have had many requests for the Amazon Only search function but they can't implement it because it would violate their partner agreements.
I'm the originator of this post. Here's an update of why Amazon said I didn't get the PC 694VK router yet that I ordered on Nov 9th. When I ordered the router I sent them a certified bank check. The excuse they gave me is that their system has a computer glitch and is not equipped to handle a payment by check and that they are working on it and that it should be fixed any day and when it is I will get "next day shipping" at no extra charge. I ask what kind of bull crapp statement is that? I've heard everything now. I've worked as a computer analyst for 28 years and I've never heard that kind of an excuse. Just thought I'd keep you updated on Amazons new excuses. If I don't get it by next week I told them I want my money back.