Amazon: Penny Wise & Pound Foolish?

I thought this was a little odd: thanks to someone here, I found out that Amazon had lowered the price on the Dewalt Planer I bought a couple of weeks ago by about $50. I emailed Amazon, and they cheerfully credited me for the difference between what I paid and the new, lower price.
Today, I got an email about a drill press vise I had ordered. The price has changed and they want me to approve the new, higher price before they send it.
The old price: $27.95.
The new price: $27.97.
They apologized for any disappointment or inconvenience that change may have caused.
--
Hank Gillette

Tell them they have a deal if they're willing to throw in a book of matches. Thought I'd throw in my $.02 (that should cover the difference, problem solved) -Brian
: I thought this was a little odd: thanks to someone here, I found out : that Amazon had lowered the price on the Dewalt Planer I bought a couple : of weeks ago by about $50. I emailed Amazon, and they cheerfully : credited me for the difference between what I paid and the new, lower : price. : : Today, I got an email about a drill press vise I had ordered. The price : has changed and they want me to approve the new, higher price before : they send it. : : The old price: $27.95. : : The new price: $27.97. : : They apologized for any disappointment or inconvenience that change may : have caused. : : -- : Hank Gillette
I would hate to be a tool retailer trying to compete with Amazon. I have been shopping for a sliding compound miter saw. Noone seems to come close to Amazon's prices.
Santa came early and the new Bosch SCMS is sitting in the spare bedroom, just waiting for Christmas day. I wonder if the family would be offended if I played with my new toy during Christmas dinner. Dick Durbin
Use it to carve the turkey. Problem solved.
Clint

Santa let me set my 4412 up two days ago. You will not be disappointed.
take care, Russ

quite few times my retailer has about the same or lower prices then Amazon and no shipping or waiting and great customer service and repairs.
--
Knight-Toolworks & Custom Planes
Steve Knight wrote:

Amazon and

Including tax?
I never pay shipping from Amazon.

If you're having pork loin, it should be mandatory. :)
Congrats, Michael Baglio
I would send them a note, and tell them you would be happy to split the difference in the raised price.

ddinc wrote:

All machine generated/read...no brains behind it at all...and your first response will be machine generated as well.