Amazon 20% off blades and bits

From Amazon.com:
"20% Instant Rebate on Blades and Bits Use promotional code 20OFFMAY at checkout to save an extra 20% on the products shown here when Amazon.com is the seller. Restrictions apply"
Just passing the word,
--- Chip

Nice tip, Chip. I just checked.. Forrest Woodworker II bottom line price with this discount $79.99 with free shipping - a great deal.
Thanks, Bob
Bob wrote:

I may have to give my WWII a try again - I bought it some months back, had 2 kickback incidents! Took it off and went back to a blade I bought 20 years ago. I just wasn't impressed. Also, I get a smoother cut with other blades. JMHO
Harvey Wasserman
eclipsme wrote:

Blades don't cause kickback.
Badly aligned saws and fences, along with poor technique cause kickback.

That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts and free shipping--$65 for both.
Thanks.

remove ".invalid".
: That helped get a much needed new Freud 12" blade for my miter saw : and a Freud "glue line" rip blade for my table saw. After discounts : and free shipping--$65 for both.
Do you mean $65 each, $130 for both?
I just saw Freud 10" 50t combo and Freud 12" 60t combo for $102 total, a "buy together now" deal. I saw it when I looked at the 12".
--- Chip

Barry is correct- blades do not cause kickbacks. I felt I had to respond because I think my Forrest WoodWorker2 hung the moon. I have used it for years to cut some exotic hardwoods- like ebony and cocobolo, and it has always given me a mirror-smooth cut, with no kickback problem. Check the alignment of your blade to the fence and miter slot. Then make sure your miter is square to the blade and you should not have a kick back problem. Best Wishes- Donna Menke, author of The Ultimate Band Saw Box Book, www.woodworks-by-donna
Donna wrote:

Donna,
I checked the setup several times. After switching back to my old blade, no more problems ans at least as clean of a cut. I just found the WWII to be nothing special. I wanted it to be, but was disappointed.
Harvey

No. $65 for both.

remove ".invalid".

I took another look at what I ordered, and realized I got the wrong blade for my table saw. I had ordered a 12" 80 tooth Freud blade (TK407) for $48.99 and a 12" 40 tooth "glue line" blade (LM74R012) for $31.92. Oddly enough, the 10" version of Freud's "glue line" rip blade would have been about $48 and more expensive.
I wound up canceling the 12" rip blade as I've got no use for a 12" rip blade on my miter saw. Good thing I saw your post and double-checked. Thanks.

remove ".invalid".