Amazing Woodworking

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
And click the play icon on the bottom left.
"Leon" wrote

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
Saw that in my FFW e-mail this morning. Pretty awesome stuff!
No problem with too small of a shop there. Any of those tools kick back you could lose an eyelash! Actually, instead of 1:12, I was thinking 12:1 so I could justify a bigger shop, but then clamp storage would be a problem.
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
WOW! I have trouble with full-sized dovetails, and he's doing them in places that won't be seen in the finished piece.
Bill Ranck Blacksburg, Va.

I wonder if the price of the pieces are 1/12 of a full size piece?
Just when you think your fine, detail skills are starting to shape up.
You see something like that, and probably relate more to someone that builds fences that that guy.
The saw has cutting teeth? The plane works? Did anyone notice the finishing on the tools and the box?
I wish I had the patience. (Oh yeah.. the skill, too!)
Robert

I wonder if he uses a minature brad nailer to hold things "while the glue dries"? LOL

"Leon" wrote:

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
Absolutely awesome.
Lew

That's just sick - thirty years? I thought this guy was pretty good: http://www.biertijd.com/mediaplayer/?itemid 09
Dave in Houston
"Leon" wrote

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
Hell, I don't possess the eyesight for this level of work.

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
"works just like an Emmerit, just small".
jc

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
I watched that video.
I went down to my woodworking shop, got an axe and destroyed every tool I could find. Now I will look for another hobby:-
Frank

I know the feeling.
I revert to a ham fisted caveman mode for awhile.
Then after a decent interval, my normal smugness returns.

I can understand the temptation. It would awe inspiring to reach his level of skill on full-sized projects. To do it on 1:12 size is indescribable.
Even as I looking at the results, my mind kept say, "Nah. No one's gonna do that."
But he did. Love that dollhouse.
Leon,
Thanks for the link. I had a real crappy day and that swung my mood to the + side.
cm

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688

Good to hear, while this may not seem quite as exciting, Houston had snow that stuck yesterday. Second time in about 3 years. I think we are now headed for another ice age.
Years ago I sold off hundreds of my old woodworking magazines, but the one I just couldn't part with was Fine Woodworking #109, December 1994, which features this craftsman's work in an article and on the back cover. I look at it every now and then and I'm always as blown away as the first time I saw it. Thanks for posting, Leon.
Buddy

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
OK, so the guy's got a pair of very large artificial hands to drop into all the scenes he photographs...
OMG!

http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/AudioSlideshow/31688/index.asp?slideshow1688
Glad to see that ya'll enjoyed the slide show. It reminded me of a model shop that I built 1/24 scale when I was 14, ummm 40 years ago. Unfortunately hurricane Celia won the battle and the model was destroyed. While it was quite unique, it was in no way of any comparison to those pieces on the link.

Awestruck; amazed; humbled yet once more. What a piece of work is man . . .