Amazing Table Design

http://www.abum.com/36687/Expanding-Table.html
Tim Daneliuk wrote:

HOLY COW! I am not worthy.
--

-MIKE-

-MIKE- wrote:

I've seen that video before and it's pretty dang cool. However, I just made the mistake of sending it to my wife, and now she's gonna want one! Anybody have the plans? :-)
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.

http://www.dbfletcher.com/capstan /
On Wed, 1 Apr 2009 16:27:03 -0700 (PDT), RicodJour

"The original idea for a table of this type was formed in the nineteenth century by a man named Robert Jupe, who patented his design in 1835."
http://books.google.com/books?id=iXwzAAAAIAAJ&pg=PA143&lpg=PA143&dq=Jupe%27s+Improved+Expanding+Table&source=web&ots=jENBVVk2fB&sig=_a7xbeOidv1P6WjeKOJ9vSdPfBU&hl=en#PPA143,M1
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jupe_table
I can't find the original patent from 1835 (GB 6788) but GB patent 2396552 details this improved design
http://v3.espacenet.com/publicationDetails/biblio?CC=GB&NR#96552&KC=&FT=E
click on original document tab and then on save full document tab
See also US patent 7311047
http://www.pat2pdf.org/patents/pat7311047.pdf

Sketchup, the enabler. ;)
MikeWhy wrote:

It may be time for a Sketchup 12-step program ...