Amazing shop.

Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then. I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are better than the video. Simply amazing.
Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.
http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html
Enjoy.
On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Can you imagine being the one to deal with all that when the guy passes on? I wanna go to that estate sale!
--
Free bad advice available here.
To reply, eat the taco.
tiredofspam wrote:

If the poor guy misplaces something, he's really out-a-luck.
On 1/15/2012 11:17 PM, Bill wrote:

Why? It looks like he's got 20 of everything.
He is busy also, woodworking and the web. I came it across his website this past weekend.
http://woodgears.ca/shop-tricks/slippery.html
"tiredofspam" <nospam.nospam.com> wrote in message

That's a different guy. But a busy guy too.
On 1/16/2012 8:09 AM, couillion wrote:

I wonder if he actually ever produced a project outside of more shop organizing units. I mean a couple of saw cuts and two weeks of sawdust clean-up?
It appears to be a lifetime of OCD organizing. Very nice stuff though. Not so sure about glass bottles though.
------------ "tiredofspam" wrote in message
Years ago I saw this mans shop in a magazine. I was impressed back then. I just ran across his shop again in pictures, and video. The pics are better than the video. Simply amazing.
Too crowded for me. I could never work in a shop like that. I need space. He is a tool collector, as I doubt anyone really needs 1/4 of this to do good work. But still you have to look and drool a little.
http://woodgears.ca/workshop/jacques/index.html
Enjoy.
m II wrote:

The glass baby food bottles, if those are the ones you mean, hint then at your age and his.

I think I may be slightly younger than he from the quick peek. Let's just say I am almost as mature as my grandchildren.
LOL
--------------- "Bill" wrote in message
The glass baby food bottles, if those are the ones you mean, hint then at your age and his.
On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

Don't "need" a tenth of it, of course...
The "vertical router" is the Uniplane. I remember when it was introduced and don't recall the current descriptions I see as being touted as a safer replacement for a jointer but as primarily intended for pattern makers and others for miniature parts that were too small to be handled on a conventional jointer. Somewhere I have the old printed catalog...
http://vintagemachinery.org/photoindex/detail.aspx?id 146
The comment the guy makes about having to balance the contents of the jars in the wagon wheel storage units is definitely indication of having gone far beyond the practical into the OCD behavior somebody else mentioned...
On 1/16/2012 9:14 AM, dpb wrote: ...

"vertical router" above was intended as "vertical jointer", of course.
This is first time I'd ever seem/heard the Uniplane called a vertical jointer...it kinda' is, of course, but as noted replacing a jointer wasn't really the target audience when it was introduced; that seems to me a recent "spin" ...
On Jan 15, 10:58pm, tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

This fellow suffers from a malady that many of us also have, "Tool Lust". The description doesn't say how he gets his materials in to the shop nor how he gets the finished projects out. I suspect he's limited to smaller sized endeavers. He is a very cleaver fellow in the use of space, but I don't think he can work on a 4' x 8' sheet of plywood. Probably has to have them rough cut to size at the lumber yard. All in all he's taken space maximizing to a new level.
JoeG
On 1/16/2012 11:08 AM, GROVER wrote:

did you see the size/length of outfeed tables/rollers on the tablesaw and band saw?
On 1/16/2012 2:53 PM, chaniarts wrote: ...

And the RAS as well.
My question is how he can possibly get any material _to_ the tool to work on it larger than about 6" square?
On 1/15/2012 9:58 PM, tiredofspam wrote:

As far as "impressed", I'm most in approval of the RAS setup--that's both the type of and arrangement to have. Unfortunate that he's got it so cluttered around he would have a heckuva time getting material to/from it that puts it to use.
I also like the modification of the other for the pin/movable router--that's a pretty neat idea methinks. I don't have an old frame or I'd consider it.
I envy the large thickness sander; that's the one piece of gear had access to in TN/VA that I miss the most back on the farm in small location that doesn't have a cabinet shop w/ the facility within 200 miles that I'm aware of...
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

That aint a workshop its a bloody factory!
All I've got is 16'x8'
--
Stuart Winsor

Only plain text for emails