Amatuer Woodworker Looking for Good Website

I'm fairly new to woodworking. Well very new I have yet to build anything. Are there any good websites out there with easy to read projects or step by step instructions? Any help would be appreciated.
you should master setting your computers clock to the right time before you move onto power tools.

anything.
by
That's the spirit, Js! Slam the new guy on something that doesn't matter in the least just asking for help. Nice guy! For what it's worth, (not much) the clock on my computer is frequently way off and I have to reset it every couple of weeks. Who cares? Doesn't effect how my router or table saw cuts. http://www.newwoodworker.com has some basic info on it that a beginner might find useful.
Bruce Redding, Ca.

Where do you live? Look for a club to join. Ask where you buy tools.

There is a huge list of links on www.metalbashatorium.com in the links section
Glenn
Hey Jamie, I am also fairly new to the world of working wood. I have found the library to be a great resource. Especially the magazines. My local library carries Wood, Popular Woodworking and Fine Woodworking. They have years of back issues in the periodical stacks. Grab a coffee and spend an afternoon flipping through the back issues. Every issue has step by step projects, cut diagrams and extra hints and tips. When you find a plan that your think is at your level make a photocopy. Keep your stick on the ice. Tony Mo

anything.
by
Thu, Mar 4, 2004, 4:35pm (EST+5) snipped-for-privacy@noplace.com (BobS.) says: <snip> Search only in >> rec.woodworking << and use the search term JOAT (Jack Of All Trades). He has literally found hundreds of sites that offer all kinds of free plans, <snip>
Just check the archives http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=rec.woodworking&lr=&num=30 and fill in the author block. That'll get posts made by me, and not some troll.
JOAT Congress shall never disarm any Citizen unless such as are or have been in Actual Rebellion. - New Hampshire's request for a Bill of Rights, June 21, 1788
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 28 Mar 2004. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKEVOCALS /
http://www.woodshopdemos.com/menu2.htm

thanks for mention but better to bookmark http://www.woodshopdemos.com That menu gets updated each week.
http://www.woodshopdemos.com
Lots of good info on many tools and how to use them.
Enjoy!

anything.
by
I have a lot of project ideas and jigs on my website, but i don't rally have plans that you can download. The recommendation I make to people when they are getting started is to go read the book: Woodworking, The Right Techniques" by Bob Moran. It is a fabulous book and great for a begineer who wants to come up to speed quickly. One of my favorite things about the book is that is shows 3 or 4 different ways of doing common tasks depending on what tools you have. Alot of books show you how to do dovetails for instance, but you get done reading it, and they you are thinking, "Great, now I HAVE to go blow $400 on a fancy dovetail jig." There is an abundance of what i consider absolute woodworking fundamentals int his book, like how the strnegth of glued joints varies with grain direction, fundamentals of wood movement due to moisture and how to deal with that, etc.
I hope this helps.
Joe in Denver my woodworking website: http://www.the-wildings.com/shop/

On 5 Mar 2004 06:08:18 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@the-wildings.com (Joe Wilding) wrote:

Joe, I gotta tell you, this photo blew me away. (No pun intended.) One hell of a piece of work. Very cool.
http://the-wildings.com/shop/furniture/cannon.jpg
Michael
I agree on the cannon - outstanding as well as some excellent work on your other projects as well. Very nice shop too (note the voice of jealousy) but tell me, how in the hell do find the time to do everything? You must work 24/7.... and design planes too... well done.
Bob S.
: I'm fairly new to woodworking. Well very new I have yet to build anything. : Are there any good websites out there with easy to read projects or step by : step instructions? Any help would be appreciated.
Jamie could try mine, though only some parts are suitable for complete beginners.
Jeff G
-- Jeff Gorman, West Yorkshire, UK Email address is username@ISP username is amgron ISP is clara.co.uk Website www.amgron.clara.net