Am I the only one. . .

Sat, May 19, 2007, 11:36pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (Lobby=A0Dosser) doth dream on: You are wearing shirt and shoes, right? Try a scruffy looking beret. Especially with paint spotted pants.

Wearing a beret, of any type, is not going to attract any person (or thing) that I want to be associated with.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Sat, May 19, 2007, 8:36pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (Buddy=A0Matlosz) doth sayeth: Maybe if you "accidentally" glued yourself to one?

No thanks. Abou two minutes after the glue cured would the the time she decided it was OK to stop taking her medication.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Sun, May 20, 2007, 3:24am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth posteth: You'll probably appreciate the little bit of trivia that my two "best" scratch built projects for my model railroad have both been painted yellow.

Definitely yellow. What kinda building is it supposted to be?

I "really" need to dig all my N guage stuff out an make a layout for it.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Sun, May 20, 2007, 6:16pm (EDT+16) snipped-for-privacy@this.address (Peter=A0Huebner) doeth addeth: Add a packet of Gitanes and a bottle of Red and don't shave for a couple days: the image is almost complete.

I feel sooo blessed that I never knew either of you guys back when I smoked and drank and dated. I never had a whole lot of dats, but at least they were all with real girls.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

Sun, May 20, 2007, 11:10am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@home.net (George) doth claimeth You probably get stains up front from leaning across the bench, too. Sort of like spattering yourself while washing your hands, you can tell people they're just water, but they tend not to believe you. No way. If I drip glue, it'll either land on the floor (in which case I'll scatter sawdust for it to land on); or, it'll be gluing on waed paper, or so it'll drip on sawdust, never on the bench. Whatever way, I don't lay in the glue. It always gets wiped on.

On those rare instances I splash a bit of water on my pants while washing my hands, I've got that coverd. I just splash water all over the front of my pants and shirt. Anyone asks, I turned the water on too far, and it squirted, very believable, no prob. All you've gotta do is think things thru.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:25211-46525D5C-1043 @storefull-3332.bay.webtv.net:

It's a truck repair shop housed in one of those metal buildings. Sometimes they take in truck cab and trailer, other times they take in just the cab or trailer.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Tue, May 22, 2007, 8:07am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doeth make it all clear now: It's a truck repair shop housed in one of those metal buildings. Sometimes they take in truck cab and trailer, other times they take in just the cab or trailer.

Aha. Could see the truck cab before, but thought it might be supposed to be a delivery truck. BIG letters stating, TRUCK REPAIR, would be good. There's some similar buildngs, except for slight color differences, around here. One heating and air place has it painted on the sides of the building. The one that's housed various businesses, includng a truck repair, has a sign out front (readable from two sides), that changes every time the busines changes - put a railroad track alongside and it could almost be your building scaled up.. You probably already know, there's loads of stuff on model railroading on-line.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3332.bay.webtv.net:

That's probably a good idea. I'll have to see about getting some decals or try transfers and put a name on the side.

There's a saying among model railroaders: "A prototype for everything." It's still fun to learn that your scratch built building has a real presense somewhere. :-)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Tue, May 22, 2007, 8:07pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth sayeth: That's probably a good idea. I'll have to see about getting some decals or try transfers and put a name on the side.

There's links on-line, somewhere, on makng your own , custom, decals. If you're wanting decals, instead of painting the leters on. I don't do anything with decals, so I dont have the links saved. Anythng along those lines I print out, cut out, ad glue down. Hmm, now I think on that, that could be a better way if you want to make signs, or billboards. I do have some links saved for sign-making, with different lettering styles and all. If you're interestd in maybe going that way, let me know and I can give you ssome links. Hmm, I just came up with som good thoughts for my railroad layout, when, if, it gets worked on. Hehee Hmm, that also starts the germ of an idea for some other things too. My goss, I's a geenyus. LMAO

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

A couple of people have mentioned that they don't care for the "short" open time of TBIII. There is a TB Extended, and a TBII extended. My brain is about "set" but I seem to remember reading somewhere about a TBIII extended. I did a quick (very quick!) Google search and could not find TBIII Extend, but that brings to what's left of my mind -

  1. Could something be added to TBIII to increase the open time just a tad. Like maybe a drop or two of water?
  2. Do you think there may be a TBIII Extend in the future?

Wayne

Reply to
NoOne N Particular

The weather is nice... time to open my box of LGB. Better not. I'm moving my shop first. I love LGB trains. I grew up with a lot of Marklin, but sold it to get myself a new Triumph GT-6. Then MUCH later, I bought some LGB for my kids..(bwhahahahahah *diabolical laughter*)

Reply to
Robatoy

Gee, that's an original excuse. :P

Reply to
Lobby Dosser

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3335.bay.webtv.net:

I've read a few of those articles... At the moment it's more than I want to get in to. If I simply get a dry transfer lettering sheet from the LHS (local hobby shop) I can have the building lettered in a few minutes.

I'm not going for a sign, as there's no space for it. At one time, I had something above the garage door, though.

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Wed, May 23, 2007, 6:12am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth sayeth: I'm not going for a sign, as there's no space for it.

Sure, plenty of buildings, specially metal, with an actual sign on the side of the building, rather than a pained sign. But, your building, your call.

For some reason I'm reminded of one of the model shows, where a guy had a small TV camera in his locomotive, and the view showing on a TV. Very neat, very realistic view too, looked like a video from a real train; too bad it was B&W.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3338.bay.webtv.net:

Either way might work well for a modern building. I've seen both styles...

I've seen them at shows. They're pretty neat things, but good color would be important... and operating at frequencies other than 2.4 gHz. (More 2.4 gHz noise, the harder it is to get a good WiFi signal at a distance.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Not too much unlike Angela needing a Domino soon?

*more diabolical laughter*
Reply to
Robatoy

Puckdropper wrote in news:4653f5a8$0$97232$892e7fe2 @authen.yellow.readfreenews.net:

Well, 2.4 gHz is what's unlicensed spectrum. And that's where all the commodity parts are made.

Tradeoffs in life.

Patriarch

Reply to
Patriarch

Wed, May 23, 2007, 8:04am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) sayeth: I've seen them at shows. They're pretty neat things, but good color would be important... and operating at frequencies other than 2.4 gHz. (More 2.4 gHz noise, the harder it is to get a good WiFi signal at a distance.)

A model cow on the tracks looked very realistc. LMAO The train operator had a sick sense of humor.

JOAT What is life without challenge and a constant stream of new humiliations?

- Peter Egan

Reply to
J T

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in news:24116-4654A7AA-129 @storefull-3336.bay.webtv.net:

Realistic, until the train hit it. No damage to the locomotive, and none to the cow, I bet. (Well, the cow would probably be damaged and the locomotive would just get messy.)

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper

Patriarch wrote in news:Xns9939673FA6EAFgmadsencomcastnet@216.196.97.136:

Isn't there also 900 mHz, and 4.8 gHz? What's wrong with putting some stuff in there?

Puckdropper

Reply to
Puckdropper