Am I the only one. . .

Page 1 of 2
that prefers the old yellow carpenter's glue instead of the new tite-bond glue?
As a side lite, I've spread glue with popsicle sticks, acid brushes, and Norm's glue bottles. My preference at this time is a small artist's spatula. It's a small one that will reach into small places.

Maybe so.. ;~) I prefer the new Titebond III simply because of the color. It dries to a light tan color instead of Taxi cab yellow.

Why does it matter what color it dries to? Do you leave glue exposed on your projects? ;)
--
Stoutman
www.garagewoodworks.com

*I* think glue colour is important. The wrong colour, and it will clash with my work-pants after I wipe my hands.
Sat, May 19, 2007, 11:43am (EDT-3) snipped-for-privacy@topworks.ca (Robatoy) doth stateth: *I* think glue colour is important. The wrong colour, and it will clash with my work-pants after I wipe my hands.
No, no, no. The worst possible thing would be for the glue to blend in, you WANT it to clash, The important thing is for people to actually "see" the glue on the pants, period. That gives you visual proof and instant credbility that you actually "do" creative work while in your shop. This way if you ever need to just get out there for awhile, to maybe have a cup of coffee in peace, possibly just to be alone for awhile, and not work at all, then when you come out wearing pants with glue on 'em, no one will question you, because they will "know" you have been "creating."
Amost every pair of pants I own has glue, and/or, paint, spots on them. Any time someone says something, or looks at the spots, I just mention that I wore them in my woodworking shop. Immediate credibility as "creative". Now if I could just figure out how to pick up women this way I'd be all set. LOL
On May 19, 10:56�pm, snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote:

Must be something wrong with me. I use PVA glue that dries clear.
FoggyTown

You are wearing shirt and shoes, right?
Try a scruffy looking beret. Especially with paint spotted pants.
says...

Add a packet of Gitanes and a bottle of Red and don't shave for a couple days: the image is almost complete.
The only better 'flypapers' that I know of are a) fame or b) several dozen million dollars.
-P.
Sun, May 20, 2007, 6:16pm (EDT+16) snipped-for-privacy@this.address (PeterHuebner) doeth addeth: Add a packet of Gitanes and a bottle of Red and don't shave for a couple days: the image is almost complete. <snip>
I feel sooo blessed that I never knew either of you guys back when I smoked and drank and dated. I never had a whole lot of dats, but at least they were all with real girls.
Sat, May 19, 2007, 11:36pm (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net (LobbyDosser) doth dream on: You are wearing shirt and shoes, right? Try a scruffy looking beret. Especially with paint spotted pants.
Wearing a beret, of any type, is not going to attract any person (or thing) that I want to be associated with.
(Robatoy) doth

Tried that. Everyone just thought they were boogers.

Maybe if you "accidentally" glued yourself to one?
B.
(Robatoy) doth

You probably get stains up front from leaning across the bench, too. Sort of like spattering yourself while washing your hands, you can tell people they're just water, but they tend not to believe you.
Sun, May 20, 2007, 11:10am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@home.net (George) doth claimeth You probably get stains up front from leaning across the bench, too. Sort of like spattering yourself while washing your hands, you can tell people they're just water, but they tend not to believe you. No way. If I drip glue, it'll either land on the floor (in which case I'll scatter sawdust for it to land on); or, it'll be gluing on waed paper, or so it'll drip on sawdust, never on the bench. Whatever way, I don't lay in the glue. It always gets wiped on.
On those rare instances I splash a bit of water on my pants while washing my hands, I've got that coverd. I just splash water all over the front of my pants and shirt. Anyone asks, I turned the water on too far, and it squirted, very believable, no prob. All you've gotta do is think things thru.
Sat, May 19, 2007, 8:36pm snipped-for-privacy@optonline.net (BuddyMatlosz) doth sayeth: <snip> Maybe if you "accidentally" glued yourself to one? No thanks. Abou two minutes after the glue cured would the the time she decided it was OK to stop taking her medication.

There are spots that are impossible to remove glue from, corners for instance. Better to see a tan spot than a yellow spot.
Sat, May 19, 2007, 12:34pm @. (Stoutman) doth queryeth: Why does it matter what color it dries to? Do you leave glue exposed on your projects? ;)
I, for one, certainly take sufficient pride in my work that I would never leave glue exposed on any of my projects. That's why I paint everything yelow.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in

JOAT,
You'll probably appreciate the little bit of trivia that my two "best" scratch built projects for my model railroad have both been painted yellow.
If interested, you can see one building here (courtesy of a cheap digital camera.)
http://www.puckdroppersplace.us/railroad/images/model.jpg
Puckdropper

Sun, May 20, 2007, 3:24am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doth posteth: You'll probably appreciate the little bit of trivia that my two "best" scratch built projects for my model railroad have both been painted yellow. <snip>
Definitely yellow. What kinda building is it supposted to be?
I "really" need to dig all my N guage stuff out an make a layout for it.
snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (J T) wrote in (Puckdropper)

It's a truck repair shop housed in one of those metal buildings. Sometimes they take in truck cab and trailer, other times they take in just the cab or trailer.
Puckdropper

Tue, May 22, 2007, 8:07am (EDT+4) snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Puckdropper) doeth make it all clear now: It's a truck repair shop housed in one of those metal buildings. Sometimes they take in truck cab and trailer, other times they take in just the cab or trailer.
Aha. Could see the truck cab before, but thought it might be supposed to be a delivery truck. BIG letters stating, TRUCK REPAIR, would be good. There's some similar buildngs, except for slight color differences, around here. One heating and air place has it painted on the sides of the building. The one that's housed various businesses, includng a truck repair, has a sign out front (readable from two sides), that changes every time the busines changes - put a railroad track alongside and it could almost be your building scaled up.. You probably already know, there's loads of stuff on model railroading on-line.