Always Sore?

See a rheumatologist. I had the same sort of thing. After six months of a fitness program, when by all rights (and according to my recollection of my 20s) my muscles should have started getting in tone and not hurt, I was still aching as if I had just started exercising yesterday.

Finally saw a rheumatologist. I have rheumatoid arthritis. I'm on Celebrex and Methotraxate. It's made a world of difference.

I'm not saying that's your problem, but it's certainly a possibility.

How old are you? I'm 57 (56 when it started).

LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

LRod

I just finished a Korte cycle and am continuing with another similar cycle. I generally lift M-W-F and do cardio on T-Th-Sat. My cardio on Tuesday and Thursday is usually HIIT (20 minutes of running HIIT). On Saturday it is usually a four mile jog with my wife. One thing I have noticed is that my legs are just always sore. Has anyone else done powerlifting-style training while also running on cardio days, and did you experience this same, lingering soreness? Is this bad and a sign of overtraining? Should I pick a cardio method that is less taxing on the legs? My four mile jog in particular is usually quite a chore, but it's not my lungs that are the problem, it's usually that my legs feel like "stumps" (like I'm trying to run in water).

Thanks, DW

Reply to
Denver Woody

You are just getting old..

Reply to
Leon

Totally posted to wrong group. I meant to send this to misc.fitness.weights (the other newsgroup I monitor).

Sorry, DW

Reply to
Denver Woody