Aluminum oxide wood floor finish

Page 2 of 2

EBay, search for boron carbide or diamond powder. Anything below 200 mesh usually between 300 and 600. The larger the mesh the thicker the particle and therefore the stronger but also the more gritty and the less it blends with the urethane. I use 600 to 1000 mesh on furniture but on these floors, that I am doing myself, I am going to try 200 Mesh AO and if that does not work, I am going to move to a finer mesh like 300 which I know will blend for boron or diamond but I have never worked with AO. Anyway, I have a pound of 200 meshes AO (from EBay) on the way and will see how it goes. This goes without saying but blend outside and always use a respirator, I have suffered no ill effects from blending them but I am not a chemical engineer so do not take my word for it use a chemical respirator as you should always do with urethane. Oh yeah and don't blend it into the can blend it in a container and do not pour the leftover into the urethane as it will settle or at least make sure you shake the can well every time you use it to re suspend the mix if you decide mix it directly into your can.
On 18 Mar 2005 11:49:36 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Be sure to let us know how the 200 mesh AO goes! A