Alternatives to Fein Sandpaper

Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern (size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an alternative? Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

I'm not familiar with Fein's hole pattern, but you might want to look into Norton's 3x discs - they have oblong holes that are supposed to fit a variety of hole patterns.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

Yes. I use disks with no holes at all. I exclusively use Abranet disks by Mirka. They are a screen and stick to both the Fein and Festool pads like dogsnot to a screendoor. Absolutely fabulous performance. A bit pricey, but when you factor in the durability, it is a deal again. Try some-you won't want anything else. Shop around for a supplier, discounts are available.

*The usual caveats apply---> no, I don't own the company, heck, I'm not even Finnish.*

Robatoy

Hi Robatoy, That sounds great. So, you do not need a special adapter. Do you buy the Abranet in the GTA? Thanks, JG

Reply to
JGS

I don't have Fein, so can't say exactly, but would presume if you ask Kingspor, they'll tell you since they have Fein products as well. Excellent abrasives, good prices.

As a general guess, I'd hazard that the 6", 8-hole pattern is pretty much standard for whoever uses it.

Reply to
dpb

I've wondered why not simply make them "all holes" as it seems the tendency is to go to more for better dust collection as opposed to stock removal... :)

Reply to
dpb

dpb wrote: ...

That, of course, was a typo -- it's Klingspor

dpb