Alternatives to Fein Sandpaper

Fein's 6" ROS has a 8 hole pattern. I know that there are other suppliers with a 6" 8 hole disc but I am having trouble finding out if the pattern (size of holes & distance from the centre) is the same. Do you use an alternative? Thanks, JG
JGS wrote:

I'm not familiar with Fein's hole pattern, but you might want to look into Norton's 3x discs - they have oblong holes that are supposed to fit a variety of hole patterns.
Mike
Mike wrote:

I've wondered why not simply make them "all holes" as it seems the tendency is to go to more for better dust collection as opposed to stock removal... :)

Yes. I use disks with no holes at all. I exclusively use Abranet disks by Mirka. They are a screen and stick to both the Fein and Festool pads like dogsnot to a screendoor. Absolutely fabulous performance. A bit pricey, but when you factor in the durability, it is a deal again. Try some-you won't want anything else. Shop around for a supplier, discounts are available.
http://www.mirka.com/abranet
*The usual caveats apply---> no, I don't own the company, heck, I'm not even Finnish.*
Hi Robatoy, That sounds great. So, you do not need a special adapter. Do you buy the Abranet in the GTA? Thanks, JG

JGS wrote:

I don't have Fein, so can't say exactly, but would presume if you ask Kingspor, they'll tell you since they have Fein products as well. Excellent abrasives, good prices.
As a general guess, I'd hazard that the 6", 8-hole pattern is pretty much standard for whoever uses it.
dpb wrote: ...

That, of course, was a typo -- it's Klingspor
http://www.klingspor.com /