Alternative to low-friction tape on a dovetail guide?

David Barron uses low-friction tape on the side of his dovetail guide. I wonder if anyone has ideas that might work just as well -- I was thinking a coat of poly or something. I made one of these guides and and now seek guidance. Any thoughts?
On Saturday, April 26, 2014 6:48:37 PM UTC-5, Michael wrote:

Sorry. Here's the link:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibyTMTLjaq8

On Saturday, April 26, 2014 4:48:37 PM UTC-7, Michael wrote:

Teflon or HDPE would probably work, but those would wear against the saw. Probably your best bet is Delrin (acetal plastic) sheet; our local suppliers have 1/4" sheets available, you can drill a few pockets for the magnets and just countersink some flat-head screws to hold it to the jig.
Tap Plastics wells a 4x4" sample sheet for a couple of bucks.
On Sunday, April 27, 2014 1:21:41 PM UTC-5, whit3rd wrote:

I will definitely check it out. Much appreciated.
Michael wrote:

How about rubbing the area with paraffin wax?
--
 GW Ross

 Everybody has a right to be stupid,
On Sunday, April 27, 2014 4:10:20 PM UTC-5, G. Ross wrote:

a coat of poly or something. I made one of these guides and and now seek g uidance. Any thoughts?

Thanks. I thought about some kind of lubrication, but I think I'm going to try to avoid that for now because I want clean wood in the pins and tails f or gluing.