Almost dropped the phone.

I called Delta today to see about getting a manual for my recently acquired 46-700 lathe. Naturally they have an automated voice menu ("please press '1' for parts" ,etc.) which I listened to. The first choice was for parts, the second choice was for something else, and the message for the third was (I'm not kidding), "if you would like to speak to a customer care representative regarding your unit, press 3."
I did not press 3.
Oh, the manual is on the way. They were very nice.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
Weren't you a *little* curious to hear what they had to say?
jc

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:10:13 +0000, LRod

So you're saying you called Delta's 1-900 number?
;-)
Tim Douglass
http://www.DouglassClan.com
Was the voice female?
UA100, who would pass if it was male...
Which "Unit" were they refering to, "The Big Unit"???

On Fri, 11 Mar 2005 18:10:13 +0000, LRod

Did they outsource customer service? <G>
Barry

Good story. Reminds me of when I was about 14 and went with my Dad to some department store. A salesman helped us pick out a jacket of some kind for me. We made our selection and my Dad said something about the great number of tags and labels attached to the jacket and, with some bemusement, mentioned that it would be a bit of a doing to deal with all of them. The salesman responded by directing us to the payment counter, saying, "Just go to that woman over there and she'll take everything off for you." Ahh, what a great father-son bonding moment. -- Igor