Almost back....

It's one of those good-news/not-so-good news situations. The not-so-good news is I've become redundant at work. Yup...this is the very same job I left the US and returned to Canada for just over a year ago. No, I'm not pleased about it and no, I have no idea what I'm going to be when I grow up. For now, I decided enough is enough and as we won't be able to purchase a home now, we may as well "move in" to the rental we've been in since we got here....yup, that means a shop.
The house has a large 2-car garage and after three very full very long and very hard days of shelf construction, box moving, car moving and then doing it all again three more times, I have the beginning of a shop on the go. I'll have to re-wire the place, and the lighting sucks, but the table saw actually made whirring noises yesterday for the first time in almost 16 months and I swear it all but grabbed that first stick of wood outta my hands just to have a go at it. Later today I'll start the "small tools" un-packing and even though the place is cold and a bit drafty...it's calling loudly and waiting for sawdust.
I'm investigating all possibilities right now, including "doing my own thing". If it works, it could mean a much closer and dependant relationship with all those "toys" I've been accumulating and learning about for the last few years. For now....the boys need a new dresser..and once again I can take care of that for them <g!>
Sawdust boogers....never have they been so welcomed!
Rob
On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 20:44:39 +0000, Rob Stokes wrote:

I hate it when that happens - even to other people. Hang in, Rob.
-Doug
snip Rob Stokes wrote:

Sorry about the job situation, but welcome back. Read Dave's mini-FAQ for the current troll filters. Dave in Fairfax
--
reply-to doesn't work
use:
Rob Stokes writes:

Me either. That one year turnaround seems to be common for businesses, and bosses, who don't know what they want from one January to another. Not bad for them, but expensive as hell for those of us caught in their stupidities.
Hope you don't have any problems getting rolling as an independent. Drop a note and I'll pass on some new cusswords to fit the situation.
Charlie Self
"It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so." Mark Twain
Good to see you back.
-JBB
I thought of your earlier this month. My woodworking neighbor just put his house up for sale and moved to Kelona. he had an electrician come and remove all his electrical setup (both 110 and 220) that he put in to run everything. But the house sold in less than a week. you probably would not have wanted a town home anyway. Good luck with the shop set up. See you at the Cloverdale show. Just in time to help you with the extra little items that you may need to really get it up and running.
Woodworking show = therapy.... I'll be there <g!>
Rob

pixelated:

G'luck making them, Rob. That's suckage.
------------------------------- Iguana: The other green meat! ------------------------------- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

That's good news about setting up shop again, Rob.
Maybe the work thing will turn out to be good news in disguise.
Good Luck.
I told you man, c'mon back down here! We miss ya in the good old USA...
Whatever you decide, you should have good times in the shop through Christmas. Lotsa presents to create, lotsa sawdust to make.
Take care, Phil