All hail to the great and mighty Norm!

OK, the subject may have been over the top a bit, but now that I have your attention... The most recent issue of Popular Woodworking has a couple of good articles on Abram, one of which debunks myths about him. They even coined a term for his followers: Normites. Gawrsh.     sigh,     jo4hn
There are myths about him?

Occathionally, yeth.
Most of the Normite groupies are mythers, however.
Thorry about that. <grin>
An the magazine DEFINITELY DID NOT coin the phrase/term NORMITE, been used here on the newgroups for years
John
On Sat, 25 Jun 2005 03:50:03 -0000, snipped-for-privacy@host122.r-bonomi.com (Robert Bonomi) wrote:

I think you missed the sarcasm! Greg

Where's that damn sarcasm key on my keyboard!!????!?
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Just press Ctrl, Alt, and delete, twice! Greg
LRod wrote:

It's usually just below and to the right of the 'any' key.
--

FF

John wrote:

;-)
Robert Bonomi wrote:

I thought myths were unmarried female moths.
charlie b

That mytheth the point.
stoutman wrote:

I'm fond of the one where Norm built a mahogany armoire with nothing more than six pounds of balsawood and a rusty douzouki.

That's IMPOSSIBLE...
everyone knows that Norm also used a 1/2 lb of brads to hold it all together until the glue dried.
Dave
Brian Siano wrote:

I got that issue today. I haven't finished the Adirondack chair article but I liked the mythbusting one. Except for all the myths I didn't know about
I did find out that he and I attended UMass Amherst at the same time for at least one semester, maybe two. I think I bumped into him once.