alignment of blade in contractor saw

Hello. Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when it is all the raised. Then when the blade is lowered it is .020 out of alignment. Anybody know how to fix it? The saw is a Delta contractor saw, model 36-451.

Reply to
<like_2_fish

I had sort of the same problem with a Grizzly contractor's saw. I could get the blade lined up all nice and parallel to the miter slots, but when I tilted the blade and returned it back upright, it wouldn't be parallel anymore. The problem was slack in the half-moon sector castings in the tilting mechanism. I fixed my problem by purchasing a Unisaw.

DonkeyHody "Even an old blind hog finds an acorn every now and then."

Reply to
DonkeyHody

Back when I had my Jet CS, I used one of these to align it perfectly:

Reply to
B A R R Y

Absolutely. Walk around behind your saw and bump the motor a few times to see how quickly your saw gets out of alignment. That's one of the big differences between a contractors saw and a cabinet saw. Contractors saws go out of alignment easily. My problem went away when I bought a General cabinet saw. It came back when somebody stole it and I had to pull out my 40 year old contractors saw again.

I'd suggest you google the model number along with "alignment". Maybe you'll find a useful discussion on the problem. My first instinct would be that your blade is just not at 90 degrees when your lowering it.

Reply to
dcamron71

It's a common problem with contractor saws in general.

It will require a few adjustments, but it will likely fail again.

You are going to need the written instructions on how to align a contractor saw from the Black & Darker web site. Search on alignment instructions.. oh hell.. here it is..

are also going to need a TS Aligner and probably a

.

The TS ALigner can used for many other th> Hello. Has anyone had the problem of the blade being lined up to .003 when

Reply to
Pat Barber

bracket mounting screws have washers, replace them. If washer faced screws, replace them. The clearance holes are larger than would normally be needed just for attachment because they are needed for the adjustment. With so large a hole, the washers/washerface tends to become slightly coned into the hole and will have memory trying to go back to where they came from when you tighten up.

Frank

Reply to
Frank Boettcher

I wish I had known that a few years back when my

1999 model got out of whack. Those are nice saws but a pain in the ass to align correctly.

I acquired a 34-350 and restored it. It makes anything today look very pitiful.

Mine is a 1966 and it came wired 220 single phase....

I paid $175 and it ran the day I got it home.

It came from a school auction and had been used as a work table more than anything else.

Here is a picture:

outfeed and the top can hold an entire sheet of plywood with nothing off the table.

Here is perspective aga> >

Reply to
Pat Barber