Aligning table saw -- how close is close enough?

Page 2 of 2
Ahhhhhh jeeeeesh Ed.........give the poor troll a break....;-)
Bob S.

That's a lot. I have the TS-Aligner Jr also, and mine is within 0.001" of parallel.

Not with a good blade. According to Forrest, their blades have total runout of 0.002" or less.

Better still to be dead parallel IMO, but not a big problem.

No, they're not close enough IMO -- particularly given the high-precision alignment tool that you now have. If you have a decent saw, it should be possible with very little effort to get your miter slots parallel to the blade within two or three thousandths, and likewise the fence.
You won't produce results that are any more accurate than the accuracy of your setups.
The simple answer is, are you happy with the results of your cuts? Unless you measure the blade to miter slot properly you probably need not bother at all. Doing the measuring properly by the blade tooth will also indicate if the blade needs attention also. I try to take that tooth measurement set up more than once to verify the blade is not part of the problem. Anyway the tooth measurement generally sought after is in the .003-.0001 range. I seldom measure the fence setting. I simply cut a piece of wood and look at the results. If I don't like them I adjust the blade according to the results.

Listen to Leon. His is the only good answer you got. Judge it by the results of the wood you've cut.
Make my last sentence, Adjust the fence and not the blade.