aligning table leaves - pins or "eveners"?

I am making an extension table with two leaves. I saw at rockler small clips that screw under table halves and leaves for alignment.
http://www.rockler.com/ecom7/product_details.cfm?offerings_idx5
These look easier to install than trying to accurately drill holes for alignment pins. Is anyone familiar with these "clips" and if so how well do they work/substitute for traditional alignment pins?
Thanks.
Charles Lerner

Those will be inherently easier to install accurately as they use a common surface with no measuring to install. Pins will have to be carefully and accurately placed.