Aligning mitre slot to table saw blade

My mitre slot is just slightly out of adjustment on my Powermatic 66. Measuring accross the whole table with a dial indicator (with an aluminum bar up against the blade) I'm seeing about .030 (almost 1/32") deviation from parallel (narrower in the back). Using a dial gague is pretty wobbly and I'm sure the aluminum bar isn't absolutely flat, but I did repeated measurements with different bars and got the same result. However, just using Powermatic's suggested method of measuring with a combination square along the diameter of the blade (not the whole table), there's barely any measurable deviation, maybe .005".
Is this worth loosening up the table and trying to true-up, knowing that I'll probably make it worse and have to futz with it to try to get right on?
Thanks, Eric
uber snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote in

Are you getting any indications in use that the blade/fence/slots are out of alignment, or just with your somewhat non-standard measurement method?
Burning? Miters don't fit when they should? Kickback? Anything?
If the saw works, leave it alone. If it doesn't, then either google the rec.norm archives or get a copy of a good tablesaw book. Authors Kelly Mehler and Jim Tolpin come to mind.
Patriarch