Aligning French Cleats ?????

Hi, I really like the fact that you can hang upper cabinets with no fastners showing. Is there a way to ensure multiple cabinets line up correctly? The way I've been constructing my cabinets is not to have the top run the full depth of the cabinet, so as to slide out the back panel. I was thinking I may have to start putting on a full top so the cleat can butt right up against it. This "should" make all the cabinets hang at the same height. Presuming that the other part of the cleat is line up with the others. Are there other ways? Anyhow, any assistance or imput would be appreciated. Mike

Reply to
Mike

Laserlevel to scribe the line on the wall, then cleats hung at the same height on the back of each cabinet.

Reply to
Geoff

I'm not entirely clear on how you're going at it from the description you gave, but those laser line levels work pretty nice for getting things straight if you don't like a lot of measuring. You could flip the upper cabinets side-by-side (upside-down if they are different sizes) and set the level on a flat board to align the cleats on the cabinets, and set it up on a tripod to align the cleats on the wall. I've got a cheapo one, and it works really well, though it may be easier to adjust one of the more expensive models that mount directly to the opposite wall.

Anyhow, that's how I'd do it. Hope this helps!

Aut inveniam viam aut faciam

Reply to
Prometheus