Al R's cabinet for right side of table saw.

To AL R. I saved a posting you submitted last March on this news group pertaining to the cabinet for the right side of your table saw. You did a beautiful job on it and I would like to make one for my saw too. I just bought a Grizzly G0444Z with the long 70" rails. How did you construct it, did you make a frame first and attach the melamine panels to it or did you screw the panels together and then build the drawers? Is there a plan available I can buy for it? Thank you for your help and all the best to you and yours.

Reply to
Ace

Thanks for the kind compliment.

I started with a Delta contractor saw with a standard extension table w/ legs. It is fairly standard cabinet construction, much like a kitchen base cabinet except that there are two "working" sides. The cabinet is constructed from 3/4" melamine and the doors and drawer fronts are made of 1/2" melamine. There were no mechanical fasterners used, just glue and biscuits.

I designed it from scratch and as such, there are no plans for sale. I do have the drawings that I made in AutoCAD if that would be of some use to you. If you want, I can convert them to DXF, or perhaps some other format. If you want them, I will give them to you. All that I ask is that you do not make commercial use of them.

I hope this helps.

-- Al Reid

Reply to
Al Reid

would like to see that also, I have been wanting to make a cabinet for my Delta saw also. The dxf plans woud be a great start.

Reply to
<cosmodog369

I don't have CAD software, but a couple of good pictures would be great.

Thanks.

Bob

Reply to
bob

Assuming that your email address is correct, I will zip and send the DXF to you this evening. If your email is not correct, please post it.

-- Al Reid

Reply to
Al Reid

Bob,

I will see if I can convert it into TIFF or PDF. If your email address is not correct, post the correct one or remove the DASH from mine and email me.

If I can't convert the file, I will post pictures on ABPW.

Reply to
Al Reid

correct, post the correct one or remove the DASH from

A minor correction. Do not remove the DASH but change it to a dash (-)

Sorry!

Reply to
Al Reid

Thanks Al, that is my home address, Please email to snipped-for-privacy@sandsdecker.com