Airplane cabinet

Page 1 of 2
Finally finished my airplane cabinet project. Does anyone remember that?

Actually I do intend to do so shortly. I am killing 2 buds with a rock. Posting here from my new iPad

Link to pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328040186/in/set-72157630857421932/lightbox /
Scroll newer or older for 5 shots.
On 12/30/2012 5:53 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328040186/in/set-72157630857421932/lightbox /
Absolutely first rate work, which really has to be seen in person to fully appreciate.
Well done ... and beautifully planned, engineered and executed.
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

Thank you!
Leon wrote:

Neat.
Lew

Thank you Lew,
On 12/30/2012 5:53 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328040186/in/set-72157630857421932/lightbox /
I scrolled back all the way to the beginning. You do some damn nice work, Leon. Very, very nice.
Also, I'm guessing you're peddling your wine stoppers, hence the display?

Thank you on all counts!
No I really don't push the stoppers, like pens and or bottle openers are a nice emergency gift. I try to make several at a time to have on hand when a gift is need short notice. The displays were a result of a request for a display. I make them out of a fir fence post. It would yield 6 whole bottles or 112 half bottles. IIRC I made 3 whole bottles and 5 half bottles. One of the half bottles had to be the guinea pig. Most of the bottle stopper displays are gone, Christmas gifts and all of the stoppers are gone. You really can't charge for the amount of time invested so they make great personal gifts.

Great job! This isn't your normal choice of materials but seems very appropriate for the project. Also my likes or dislikes don't matter just the customers. Very professional job Leon.
Mike m
On 12/30/2012 6:36 PM, Mike M wrote:

Thank you Mike! NO this is not my material of choice. Wilsonart plastic laminate. I have worked with this material in the past but mostly for counter tops and desk tops, never mitered to receive posts set in at 12 degree angles. The biggest problem with the material is that you cannot scratch it or all that work goes out the window. This display is also designed to quickly break down for ease of transporting to locations all over the country.
Likes or dislikes, LOL. I am not particularity fond of it my self but it had to match up with the other elements of a 10'x20' display area for the client. It had to be those colors, it had to hold the airplanes at an angle, and they could not spin although they only have a single 8mm mounting bolt, the top also had to be at an angle, it had to store give away swag, it had to break down quickly, and it had to have as small of a foot print as possible. Oh and be as light weight as possible. The posts are hollow except on each end.
On 12/30/2012 6:53 PM, Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328040186/in/set-72157630857421932/lightbox /
tiredofspam <nospam.nospam.com> wrote:

Thank you
Leon wrote:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/lcb11211/8328040186/in/set-72157630857421932/lightbox / Good job, Leon. Judging from the rest of your work, I doubt you were terribly enthralled with doing the job with the exception of solving the problems presented by the specs.
Speaking of the rest of your work, the "3D" effect of the block box top was amazing!
--
dadiOH
____________________________
On 12/31/2012 5:54 AM, dadiOH wrote:

Thank you and you hit the nail right smack dab squarely on the head. I was not excited about the job other than the problem solving aspect.

Thank you again, Swingman gets to look at that box up close and personal every day, it is at his house. I gave it to him a few years ago as a birthday present.

On 12/30/2012 5:46 PM, Leon wrote:

Thought you quite drinking anything but designer beer?? <g>

Wonders never cease ...Leon, an Apple Fanbois!! ... ROTFL.
Just kidding ... How's that going for you?
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/31/2012 12:54 PM, Swingman wrote:

I was hoping you would catch that... Buds = birds in England...;~)
rock = stone in Texas ;~)

Works fine! No maybe I might to be able to do some video conferencing!
On 12/31/2012 3:15 PM, Leon wrote:

And "birds" in England are/used to be young single girls ... LOL
--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net
On 12/31/2012 3:19 PM, Swingman wrote:

Sheila down under IIRC.
On 12/31/2012 4:52 PM, Leon wrote:

Yep ... there's an Australian bitch just down the street from here named Sheila.
Registered Australian Sheep Dog ...