Air Nailgun with portable 12v mini compressor

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?

thanks in advance

extreme newbie

Reply to
Antispammer

Only if the compressor can build up enough pressure for the pressure requirements of the nailgun. Assuming you can obtain the required pressure and you've shot a nail, you're going to have to wait for the pressure to build up again before you can shoot the next nail.

In reality, it would likely be faster for you to use a hammer and a nail set.

Reply to
Upscale

If you use the mini-compressor to fill a portable tank perhaps.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Not like you would need.

Reply to
Leon

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

"Antispammer" wrote in news:44965019 @news.starhub.net.sg:

What gauge? I used a C-H 'power pal' (think that's what it's called) for a little while with an 18ga.

As others have said, the compressor runs continuously, noisily, and gets hot; but if all you need to do is to shoot a couple of (small) nails, it may work, for some definition of 'work'.

Having said that, it was great justification to go out and buy a real compressor; and I've since added to my air 'arsenal'.

Reply to
John Thomas

not to mention that after you strip off the oversized plastic and get it down to a manageable size, they make a great emergency pump for airing up your motorcycle tires. If you should ever get a flat while on the road.

Best 12 bucks I've ever spent I think.

John E.

Reply to
John Emmons

alright, thanks guys....been a great help!

Reply to
Antispammer

Not likely - I'm having trouble seeing the other replies so I apologize if this has been suggested. You may be able to charge a small portable air tank with one of those compressors. You could then use that to drive the gun. Not a rooofing nailer or framing nailer but brad nailer pin or finish nailer may be fine. bigger nailers use more air and would use up capacity very quickly. Check out -

sears
da X-Privat.Org - Registrazione gratuita

No