Air Nailgun with portable 12v mini compressor

Will it work with those 12v mini compressors for car?
thanks in advance
extreme newbie

Only if the compressor can build up enough pressure for the pressure requirements of the nailgun. Assuming you can obtain the required pressure and you've shot a nail, you're going to have to wait for the pressure to build up again before you can shoot the next nail.
In reality, it would likely be faster for you to use a hammer and a nail set.
Antispammer wrote:

If you use the mini-compressor to fill a portable tank perhaps.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Not like you would need.
If it works at all, it will be V E R Y S L O W L Y. A portable air tank would be a better solution for a few fasteners, then recharge the air tank. The mini conpressors are NOT for continuous use and get very hot even when run for inflating a sports ball, much less a car tire.
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 15:20:12 +0800, "Antispammer"

What gauge? I used a C-H 'power pal' (think that's what it's called) for a little while with an 18ga.
As others have said, the compressor runs continuously, noisily, and gets hot; but if all you need to do is to shoot a couple of (small) nails, it may work, for some definition of 'work'.
Having said that, it was great justification to go out and buy a real compressor; and I've since added to my air 'arsenal'.
--
Regards,

JT
Speaking only for myself....
not to mention that after you strip off the oversized plastic and get it down to a manageable size, they make a great emergency pump for airing up your motorcycle tires. If you should ever get a flat while on the road.
Best 12 bucks I've ever spent I think.
John E.

alright, thanks guys....been a great help!

Antispammer wrote:

Not likely - I'm having trouble seeing the other replies so I apologize if this has been suggested. You may be able to charge a small portable air tank with one of those compressors. You could then use that to drive the gun. Not a rooofing nailer or framing nailer but brad nailer pin or finish nailer may be fine. bigger nailers use more air and would use up capacity very quickly. Check out - http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?ItemnumberA712 or sears http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?cat=Compressors+%26+Air+Tools&pid915200000&vertical=TOOL&subcat=Air+Compressors+%26+Inflators&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes