Air nailer to put studs on concrete?

Is there an air tool to nail studs to concrete? I have one of those bullet things now, but don't really like it.
-jtpr
I saw one on This Old House but don't know the specs, manufacturer or anything else that might help you. DAGS and you'll get a ton of results - even Harbor Freight has one.
jtpr wrote:

I know at least Bostitch and Hitachi both sell one. Try a Google search for "pneumatic concrete nailer". The Bostitch runs about $700.00.
--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Actually, there is no bullet involved at all. It's a blank. Technically a cartridge case with a rimfire primer and filled with powder and crimped. No bullet.
Anyway, why don't you like it? I love mine. It's exactly the right tool for what it does. At least for me.
Plus I like the odor. Smells like...victory.
--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite
mmmmmmmmmmmm gunpowder

BTW those bullet things are called Powder Actuated Fasteners. As mentioned in the above post, they do not contain a bullet, only powder.
The pneumatic drivers are $700-$850. Since I drive very few of these nails, I have the $20 model that requires a hammer. There are some semiautomatic models that still will be far less than $700 and a set of earmuffs ought to bring the noise to a tolerable level. I did use it to secure some 2x4's to a piece of oilfield pipe that needed to contain the latch for a gate. Shot squarely, it penetrated just fine with the heaviest load available.

When replacing the sill plates in a garage recently we used an air nailer that was pump actuated. Very effective and cheap too! Try your local home center or look in the telephone book for an inductrial supplier. Either may steer you in the right direction. Hope this helps!
Tom
jtpr ( snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com) wrote: : Is there an air tool to nail studs to concrete? I have one of those : bullet things now, but don't really like it.
: -jtpr