Air Hockey Table - Plans

My Grandson would love his grandpa to make him an "Air Hockey Table" I do not have any proven plans but could no doubt scratch design one. However if anyone has made one or has a location of plans for a decent sized one I would be pleased to have some information.
Thanks wait dot 5forit at ntlworld dot com
JasB
Don't want to throw cold water on your plans, but at local stores (Academy, Oshman's, Sears come to mind) you can purchase one -- all the holes drilled, all the graphics applied -- for prices ranging from about $60 and up. In fact, it looks like you get a lot for the money.
I bought one recently for my grandchildren to use when they visit. And, today, they (girl 5, boy 7) "helped" me put together a similarly-priced table soccer game.
Jim Stuyck

Never mind the cold water - I am in the UK (Scotland) and a decent one of the size I am thinking about would cost close on 200.00 Pstg - about $370 USD
Plans would be most welcome
JasB

In the 70s my brother built one from plans in Popular Mechanics. Basically a 4x8 sheet with holes drilled every 1"^2. I recall he used pegboard for the hole guide. Lot of time hunched over with a drill. His had a large air plentum underneath (big box), but newer ones have a second sheet of ply which has groves routed into it making it much thinner. It was a shame to cut it up when we moved as he didn't account for the size when he built it in the basement.

One site here: http://freewebhosting.hostdepartment.com/g/generic_eric/airhockey.html
HTH