Air filtration of the worst kind.

I know most of you guys have dust collection systems and those nice air filters that change the air every 3 minutes in your shops. I have a problem with the air in my shop of quite a different kind and need your help in getting this air back to normal...
DOG FARTS.
It all started at the grocery store when I was buying my best buddy his most favorite food. ALPO. In the bag, dry kind. I spotted those big cans of the stuff on the shelf and saw it was on special for .79 cents a can so I bought him a few as a treat for being such a good boy.
BIG MISTAKE.
He devoured the first can along with his bowl of the dry stuff and wanted more. I thought, why not, he's been pretty good this month. So I gave him the second can. That was yesterday evening. Tonight I just about puked when the smell hit my nose. I thought the rottenstone had gone bad, a critter had climbed into the shop and died, or maybe there was a leak in the plumbing somewhere. Then I heard the putt putt every few minutes....
WHEW!
This was the kind of smell that would make my friend Tommy wreck a new truck in the ditch, on purpose to get away from it, while puking. It was so bad that the neighbors threatened to burn down my house, everyone on the street was out wondering what that smell was and the cops wanted to call in the HAZMAT team.
I love this old boy, but if this keeps up I won't have a nose left.
What do you guys do when your best helper has a bad case of the vapors?
Try charcoal tablets

ROTFLMAO!!
Change the diet back or off to the pound.
Erik Ahrens

"along with the thumpa thumpa of his tail after every emission."
One of our dogs - a lab - turns around and looks at her butt every time she farts. Cracks me up - then I crack the windows.
Our Chocolate Lab did the same thing. ;~) Now she has learned to just leave the area immediately after she or I let loose.

I tell her not to try to blame it on the dog.

Just to advise you that gas of this type can be highly flammable, you should not have any open flames or run electric motors until the conditation clears up.

When my Chow goes off, I keep an eye out for the HazMat truck and the guys in the plastic suits!
Tim
solarman wrote:

Get a proper sized cork.
Have you ever tried to stick a cork up a Pitbull's butt? <grin>

Sheeeesh, guys, this is a WOODWORKING group! Use that $2000 lathe sitting in the corner to make a plug yourself!

DO NOT let this animal near your ungrounded PVC dust collection system, as this may result in Spontaneous Combustion.
Here is a photo of a shop where the owner did not follow the guidelines.
http://www.netcentral.co.uk/steveb/photos/goodwin/explosion2_sm.jpg
This was created by a rather large dog on a truly horrible diet.
Smaller dogs usually just zip around the shop like hairy little bottle rockets.
Where is the Puppy Guy when we need him?
solarman wrote:

--

Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

Here ya go, guys. I'll play the bad guy on this one. I'm not at ALL fond of barkers.
Solution: .22 cal LR hollowpoint (inexpensive/effective) Invite the neighbors over for the BBQ. No more air pollution, yard pollution/cleanup, feeding, watering, vet bills, etc.
So uh.. you a pussy kinda guy are yuh?
pixelated:

snipped-for-privacy@swbell.net says...

Well, one would hope so, you ain't the other kind, are ya'?

How do you BBQ dog?? All that I have ever had has a strong flavor and is sort of stringy. Do you have a good technique or a few good recipes? with all the "strays" around here I could save a bundle on meat. Cat is a totally different thing however.
pixelated:

Kinda tastes like owl.

bad gas...out they go to the back yard!
solarman wrote:

If he farts when you feed him that, don't feed him that.