Air Drying Lumber-Turbo Method?

I just returned from a vacation which included driving across the Canadian prairies to the west coast. At one motel stop I noticed a flat bed trailer with a load of neatly stickered and stacked lumber. At first I walked by it but then I thought "stickered"? I talked to the driver in the morning and he told me that his main line of business is moving large pieces of machinery from Ontario/Quebec to BC. He found that he could add to his income by buying green lumber in BC ( quite cheap) , drying it on the way home and selling it dry back in Ontario or Quebec. So at 100kpm (60 mph) for 25 -30 hours @ 25* (77*F) how dry might the lumber be? Cheers, JG

Reply to
JGS

I have paid for travel by carrying northern hardwoods south and west, but I made no guarantee as to moisture content.

Construction grade is ready at 20%.

Reply to
George

Did you put your order in?

Reply to
Joe_Stein

I drove home from the mill and my wood had more moisture than when I left. Don't know why but man the weather was bad.

Rich

Reply to
Rich