Air Compressors & Noise

I am looking for an air compressor for hobby woodshop use. Standard assortment of nail guns, blowguns, small sprayer, etc. I am fortunate to have air piped into my loft shop and the compressor is located separately in the garage. However I am still looking for a somewhat quiter compressor. I'm willing to pay for oil lube and cast iron to help keep the noise down.

Only Porter Cable lists a noise rating for their compressors (looking at the CPLD2540S). After searching the google, the rec, the web, individual manufacturer's websites, etc. I haven't been able to find any sound levels for other brands. Has anyone seen sound levels for the DeWalt 55155 or can you suggest a reasonably quiet compressor with

4 SCFM output at 90 psi or above in the $250-350 price range?

TIA

Howard

Reply to
Howard