Air Compressors

Touché.

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

Larry Jaques wrote: (snip)

Well, just to let you know you might want to check out the local HF store. At the one closest to me in Allentown PA, they are selling that model for $99 until 6/28. Caveat: the one I bought only lasted about 10 minutes of motor time before it died. They took it right back, and gave me my $ back. I probably would have gotten another one, but they were out of stock, so I picked up the one with the 8 gal tank that looked like it used the same motor (only 2hp on the label, and nothing in it to say how many amps it uses).

Todd

Reply to
Todd Rich

I bought a 15 gallon 3.5HP (yeah, right) for $60 out of the paper. I would recommend just keeping an eye on the classifieds and picking one up when it comes along. You can save a lot of money. I started with just a nailer, but I'm getting quite a pile of air tools now, and I'm happy to have the capacity.

-Mike

Reply to
Mike Reed

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:44:13 +0000 (UTC), Todd Rich calmly ranted:

Next time ADD OIL FIRST! =:0

Are you referring to the model 47065?

Other than the early model's aluminum popoff tube breaking prematurely from vibration (and HF going to a copper line) I've heard of no problems with them.

--== May The Angst Be With You! ==-- -Yoda, on a bad day --

Ending Your Web Page Angst.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You mean like I did...using the 30wt non-detergent oil the manual called for and paying attention to the 5 different warning stickers on the compressor?

That is the one.

Well now you have. I actually think it was the pressure sensor switch that went on it....but given their warranty, it wasn't worth playing around with it.

Reply to
Todd Rich

If you are going to buy tools from Harbor Freight, it might be well to heed some advice given to me by my 99 year old mother when I was still in high school.

She said, "Son, if you insist on playing with chicken shit, you are bound to get some on you".

Lew

Reply to
Lew Hodgett

I would be rather hesitant to buy something as potently hazardous as a compressor from a company that is known for low end junk.

Reply to
CW

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 12:08:57 -0500, "Charlie Mraz" vaguely proposed a theory ......and in reply I say!:

This is a very important point. this can happen with even the lower end 125 PSI (8bar) compressors with tank. They have heaps of CFM, but you have to actually bleed air every minute or so to get them cycle back up to 90/100 PSI and run your tool properly........or pump up truck tyres...DAMHIKT.

Most of the cheaper ones do not have an adjustable kick in pressure, just the cutout for msafety.

Reply to
Old Nick

Where is your sense of adventure CW?

Reply to
Leon

Wow Lew, your mother was 99 when you were in HS? Well, If IIRC my mother musta been like 99 when I was in HS too. ;~)

Reply to
Leon

When we were in high school, any woman our mother's age looked like they were 99. Never would have thought I'd be looking at 40 year olds and thinking that young woman is H O T. Perspective sure does change with age. Ed

Reply to
Edwin Pawlowski

Reply to
nospambob