Ah, Got Tools

Page 2 of 2

I wasn't going to read through this thread, but then realised I had something relevant (in my mind) and positive to contribute.
My grandma (age 91), went into the hospital for emergency surgery on the 9th of this month. Although she's essentially wheelchair-bound, she still gets around and her mind is nearly as sharp as ever. However, it looked like her time was up, and she wouldn't make the next week, let alone making it tuo Christmas.
Three days later, my wife and I adopted a baby boy, almost completely out of the blue. Grandma was told about it and proceeded to pull through two major operations in order to see her newest great-grandchild. We went up with the baby to visit her just after Christmas. She's resting well now (out of ICU), and has told us that she's going to get out of there before long. Having both Grandma and a new baby with us for Christmas made a wonderful season out of what was threatening to be a holiday funeral.
Colin
"Colin B." wrote \

Great story ... thanks for sharing. Here's hoping Grandma cheers the little one's college graduation!
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 12/14/07

I can take a guess.
It's the same reason Norm probably doesn't get tools. You make your living in and around tools.
My wife explained years ago that she equated buying me tools with me buying her a vacuum or a mop, because I use the tools to make things for sale, to fix the house, etc.... After a long talk about the differences, and how much I enjoy making wooden items, regardless if it's kept or sold, I now get plenty of gift cards.
After the discussion, to her:
BORG gift cards = mop Lee Valley, Woodcraft, Lie-Neilsen, etc... = joy
You can take that as a drive-by.

I saw my local BORG has the DeWalt three base 2 1/2hp router set w/edge guide for $199.99. No fooling around with rebate forms as per Amazon.com. Good deal.

Great deal, but I already have six routers. <G>
The point was that I get tools that I need (like a mop or a router) at the Borg. The other places are where I get the tools I get to PLAY with!