Aging/Darkening Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba)?

Hi there, will Brazilian Cherry (Jatoba) react to lye in the same manner as North American Cherry and Mahogany will?
Thankyou.
I don't know, but I have built some furniture with Jatoba. In a few months, it will darken to a really nice rich brown with reddish overtones without any help.
Preston