Affixing moulding trim

Page 2 of 2

I was interpretting that the G spots for both the front and side pieces would need to be glued to the carcass. I think I read in your note that I more so need to glue the side mouldings' miters to the front moulding miter - so the miters stay together (and glue along the entire front piece).
If that is correct, should there be any glue between the sides and the actual carcass? I'm concerned that I might have some little gaps along the side run if the side piece isn't glued into contact with the carcass the entire length (the carcass sides are probably not absolutely flat - the glued up sides were not run through a planer).

End grain dosen't glue well. Glue the side moldings to the front 1-2" of SIDE carcase, near the miter.

Right.
Try sanding or planing the area where the molding sits flat.
Barry