Advise on jointer knives needed

I just bought an old jointer (can't see any brand name) and need to have the knives sharpened or replaced. If I knew if the ones in it were good quality steel, I would have them sharpened. (.60/inch) Hopefully someone here can ID the knives. They are marked: B-3031-12 D.E. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
over40pirate wrote:>I just bought an old jointer (can't see any brand name) and need to have the

sells 'em or sharpens 'em. They should be able to tell you more. I'll bet the quality of the steel is fine, if there's enough of it left. Tom Work at your leisure!
Brand means nothing. Length and thickness are what counts. If you have any doubts, new sets of HSS knives are less than 20 bux.

snipped-for-privacy@aol.comnospam (Over40pirate) wrote in message

Need the length, the thickness, and estimated width....how many knives...then call your local Freud Tool dealer and they can order them for you...you should always have two sets anyway....Freud knives are good quality and at a fair price.. Good Luck, Mike from American Sycamore