Advise

I run Norton Antivirus, Zonealarm as well as the firewall in my wireless router. I don't see how any of these can stop what is essentially spam. They will let through email that is addressed to you. How is yours being stopped at work with these tools?
Dennis Vogel

a filter on the server side can recognize the payload attachments and delete it before delivering it to your mailbox.

yet.
balderstone.ca
delete
Yes, on the server. That's what I'm begging my ISP to do.
Dennis Vogel

Essentially, our tech sets up rules at the mail server for what is and isn't allowed through. As well, our anti-virus server is constantly updating its defs and is also set to quarantine any unknown attachment and ask for help if it doesn't understand what's being sent.
Bottom line is nobody should be sending us executables via email. Filter for that and all this worm crap goes away.
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Just loaed McAfee SpamkiIler and it worked!! Instantly stopped ALL the 250+ day emails I've been getting. How sweet it is!!
On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:26:39 GMT, Dave Balderstone

Getting them off my machine is the easy part. I can do that with Outlook Express. What I want is a way to prevent them from getting to the mailbox on my ISP's mail server. That's where they backup and prevent the delivery of legitimate email. I don't think Spamkiller will do that. The ball is in the ISP's court.
Dennis Vogel

I have received well over 60 or more of these infected emails. I have changed my posting email to a Hotmail account and I hope that this will take care of it.
They are using Microsoft links to fool people. Microsoft should hopefully be working on this one.
D.Martin

Let's see...last time I cleaned a pipe it was one of my fathers as I recall. I can remember getting it from his pipe rack then climbing up on a chair I pushed over near the sink where my mother was washing dishes.
Spluushhhh..... was the funny sound it made as it headed to the deep six of the kitchen sink in soapy water with lot's of suds..... My mother smiled and said..."I agree, might as well and go ahead and clean that smelly old thing"
Years later, I bought Dad a hand-carved Meerschaum as a replacement....
So I don't know what you would use to clean a pipe but don't use soap and water...Dad never did smoke that particular pipe ever again...
Bob S.
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:36:04 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Max Power) wrote:

Buff the outside. You could chuck a buffer in your drill press. electric drill, or lathe. The natural oils present are enough.
Sun, Sep 14, 2003, 11:36pm (EDT-1) snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (MaxPower) put out: I have a rather expensive tobacco pipe <snip> How do I clean this <snip> Please answer by email.
OK, I'll advise.
Don't post on this newsgroup with code in your sig block.
Quit smoking.
If you're gonna post here, don't ask to answered by e-mail. If you are too bone idle to check for responses, you don't deserve answers. Besides, it makes you look like a WebTV user.
JOAT I've heard it said, "All roads lead to Rome". But wouldn't that depend on which way you're going?
Life just ain't life without good music. - JOAT Web Page Update 13 Sep 2003. Some tunes I like. http://community-2.webtv.net/Jakofalltrades/SOMETUNESILIKE /
Max, If it were a truly expensive pipe ($220 and up), you would have been asking this question long ago. The inside you do not clean. never ever. Use use a cleaning tool that scrapes the char out. If you use this tool correctly, you do not remove much each time. If you are too aggressive you will pull clumps out, leaving no char in that little area and that will allow that spot to burn through. On outside, if it is real yucky, you can scrub with toothbrush and very mild solution of water and murphys oil and wipe clean. When doen, use your noce oil to add protection. SOmeone already mentioned this. It works and works well. Rub on your nose and use your fingers to loveingly rub it in. A $200 plus pipe will retain in value, and smoke well. ANd dont smoke one pipe all the time. It needs a rest. None of these rules apply to meerschaum.
For pipes that have gone sour I always reamed the bowl down to the briar and then coated with a then mixture of honey cut with alcohol, then lightly charred the bowl. Have you ever tried this? It seems to work quite well for me on all types of briar pipes.

asking
you do

out,
mild