Advise

Page 1 of 3
--WebTV-Mail-32652-3846 Content-Type: Text/Plain; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
I have a rather expensive tobacco pipe made of root briar. The outside of the bowl has accumulated some grime, due to tobacco and finger oils. The grain is impecable and even has somee birdseye on the bottom of the bowl. How do I clean this wood without harming it's smokeability? Please answer by email. Thanks.
--WebTV-Mail-32652-3846 Content-Description: signature Content-Disposition: Inline Content-Type: Text/HTML; Charset=US-ASCII Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7Bit
MAX POWER
--WebTV-Mail-32652-3846--
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Sun, 14 Sep 2003 23:36:04 -0500 (CDT), snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net (Max Power) wrote:

"Please answer by email." Right-o, you lazy, self-important doo-doo head. You want the answer, come here.
4-0 steel wool. Maybe a little lemon oil.
And no, I won't mail you any steel wool, either. You'll have to take your lazy ass, your stupid email address, and your idiotic screen name over to the hardware store your lazy-assed self.
Michael Baglio Oh, I forgot to say "Have a nice day." Where _have_ my manners gone?
Add pictures here
βœ–
(Max

You must really hate this guy, Lemon oil on a pipe NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooo!!!!!! Any thing you put on the bowl or in the bowl will change the taste of the smoke, lemon is bitter and you bites you don't want that. Use alcohol (grain) and steel wool to clean the outside, ream the inside clean (down to the briar if needed) and coat with alcohol (grain) and honey mixture, char the inside of the bowl. To finish the outside of the bowl use beeswax rubbed in to the bowl. This is how I restore most of mine when they need it. And why is this guy asking here anyway he should go to a pipesmokers group.
Add pictures here
βœ–
On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 08:23:32 -0500, "Sweet Sawdust"
Wanted to let you know that I got a virus alert from my ISP with your address on it. Tried to tell you via email but it bounced.
X-NAV-TimeoutProtection0: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection1: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection2: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection3: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection4: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection5: X X-NAV-TimeoutProtection6: X Received: from virusgate1.snip.net [209.204.64.12] by snip.net with ESMTP (SMTPD32-8.01) id AD06CDF20042; Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:25:42 -0400 Received: from localhost (localhost.snip.net [127.0.0.1]) by virusgate1.snip.net (Postfix) with SMTP id 9CB7055402
From: snipped-for-privacy@snip.net Subject: Recipient Virus-alert (sender: snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/report; report-typeήlivery-status;
boundary=" snipped-for-privacy@virusgate1.snip.net"
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:25:38 -0400 (EDT) To: undisclosed-recipients:;
This is the mail anti-virus program at virusgate1.snip.net.
We BLOCKED a message addressed to you from: snipped-for-privacy@peoplepc.com
containing: infected: I-Worm.Swen
This message does not contain the virus or the original e-mail message.
This message is just a notification and can be safely deleted.
The person sending this virus received a notification as well.
The attached file contains the message headers of the infected mail. The headers will only be of interest to a mail administrator.
Do not reply to this auto-generated message. All replies to this message will be lost.
Please direct any comments or questions to snipped-for-privacy@snip.net.
Thank you,
SNiP Internet and Telecommunications Received: from imgate2.snip.net (imgate2.snip.net [209.204.64.8]) by virusgate1.snip.net (Postfix) with ESMTP id 7258755420
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 20:25:39 -0400 (EDT)
Regards, Tom Tom Watson - Woodworker Gulph Mills, Pennsylvania http://users.snip.net/~tjwatson
Add pictures here
βœ–
None of my damn business, but just wondering what the rationale was behind the change from "Cabinetmaker" to "Woodworker" in your sig line and your website?
--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 9/13/03

Tom,
This is the newest virus/worm. Symantec has posted a new definition file to catch and delete it. I suspect that there are some out there who have not patched their MS OS to plug the hole in Internet Explorer.
Details at:
http://dailynews.att.net/cgi-bin/news?e=pri&dt 0918 &cat=news&st=newstechwormswendc
Rick
Add pictures here
βœ–

So far today I've received 46 "Microsoft" update messages. Most were infected.
Larry
Add pictures here
βœ–

_All_ are either infected or have been cleaned. Microsoft does not email patches. Depending on what you've signed up for you may get an email directing you to a web site, but they don't distribute patches via email.
download all patches directly from microsoft. I wouldn't even click on a link in a message I received; just type in microsoft.com in a web browser and click to the patches yourself, if you're not using the windowsupdate tool.
-j
Add pictures here
βœ–
Someone is harvesting addrs from the NGs & flooding their emails with them. This is the 3rd NG I frequent where its been mentioned. I've gotten just over 300 so far since yesterday.
Lawrence L'Hote wrote:

Add pictures here
βœ–
You got me beat. I'm only at 75.
James <G>

Add pictures here
βœ–

That sounds about right. After the first hundred, I started cloning filter variables.
Add pictures here
βœ–
I am at 250 +/- messages per 24 period. Wondered where it came from.

βœ–
Grandpa wrote:

real email address on USENET in a machine readable form. I don't put mine on USENET in any form unless someone specifically asks for it and has a good reason for asking. Then they get my junk email address.
You really can keep the amount of spam and other crap you get in your email down with a little effort.
Rico
Add pictures here
βœ–

Possibly, but this virus reads the address books of machines infected and sends messages to all. Perhaps no one has you in their address book Rico?
Rick
Add pictures here
βœ–
Rick Chamberlain wrote:

of the few things they are good at.
Not passing your email address around on USENET everytime you post does cut way down on the crap, but of course you are free to leave you email address on the shit house wall or where ever else you try to get your dates.
Add pictures here
βœ–
snipped-for-privacy@tree.oak says...

Sarcasm meter on the blink again Rico?
I thought about why I use my real name and e-mail address in light of all the harvesting and virii and such. While I have decided to change my posting e-mail address, I still leave instructions for those who wish to e-mail me off list.
And, I use my real name because I believe when you are speaking with someone, you look them square in the eye and respect them enough to use your real name.
You don't use your real name, don't make reference to a correct e-mail address, and don't allow your posts to be archived by Google. Guess I have my explanation for your crass response.
Thicken up your skin son, and relax a little.
--
Regards,

Rick

(Remove the HIGH SPOTS for e-mail)
βœ–
Rick Chamberlain wrote:

I would have put a smiley face on it, but based on your remark I mistakenly thought that you had a sense of humor. My apologies.
Rico
Add pictures here
βœ–
Only 46! I'm up to 78!

Add pictures here
βœ–

I've just had my 3,000th ! _Today_ !
Add pictures here
βœ–

And I thought I was getting nailed! Ouch!
djb
--
"Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati"

Add pictures here