Advice on used table saw purchase

Hello all,
I am considering the following used table saw: Craftsman model #113.298750 10" Contractor table saw 15 Amp, 110V/220V (wired for 110) Jet Xacta Fence 30" with extension table (another wing is included but not installed) cast-iron table and wings mobile base new condition $325
The guy selling it says that it was only used for about a year or so and has been sitting since (about 8 years) but is in new condition. I'm sure that the fence alone would justify a majority of the asking price, but this will be my first/learning saw and has to last me for a few years before SWMBO will authorize another one - yes I know I'm whipped.
I can find no info online about that model (I checked sears.com and Google it) other than that the "113" part signifies Emerson-built. Is anyone familiar with this model? Is it belt-drive or direct (I forgot to ask him when I had him on the phone)?
I have seen threads that praise "older" Craftsman saw, but is 10 years old too old or too young to fall into the "good" category?
I am told to consider the arbor bearings and trunnions when purchasing a used table saw. What do I look for? How do I determine their condition?
Assuming this item really is in new condition (and that this will be my first/learning saw), I would really appreciate in advice, info or caveats you folks could offer.
Thanks.
If this is your first TS and you are relative new to woodworking, this is probably a pretty good deal for a starter saw. Basically you propaply will not want to still be using this saw a few years down the road, maybe you will, but the price is not too high if you loose interest. I worked with a similar set up for 17 years before graduating to a cabinet saw. The fence is worth half the asking price of the whole set up. Just be sure to tune it up after you get it.

I would normally tell you to walk if it were a direct drive saw... BUT I will hold that comment for now.

Craftsman years....

bearings... just check for any play that you can actually feel...

This is your first Table Saw...and you are interested in learning on this saw...Correct ?
I look at it this way...for $325 bucks you can play with it for a year and you should be able to sell it for $200 bucks at least...or maybe the $325 you would be paying for it...
SO at most you are risking 125 bucks... To my way of thinking that is about what taking my wife out for dinner and drinks would cost...damn cheap
If is is a direct drive saw I may still tell you to walk... BUT for a risk factor of 125 bucks I may tell you just buy it and learn...If it is a belt drive just write the check...
Bob Griffiths

I would think a contractors saw that can be wired for 110 or 220 would be belt driven. Sounds like a pretty good saw to me. I have a 113.XXXXXXXX crafsman T/S and it is pretty decent. Thanks, Tony D.